• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you buying or finishing?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Couldn’t figure out where else to put it so I’ll put it here...

I can’t help but feel things are simmering and will be boiling pretty soon. Way too many ****ed up factors in play right now for things to just be peachy for much longer. So my question is, is anyone else focusing on finishing builds/projects instead of buying more guns?

I’ve rounded out my collection a bit more but I’ve stopped just buying up guns. Focusing more on wrapping up builds to get them done, stocking up on mags/ammo/etc, getting slings attached, optics zeroed, grab-and-go set ups organized, etc. I can’t help but to think a fight is coming sooner rather than later. I keep telling people this: finish your builds! If you only have one rifle and it’s in pieces, get that sucker done! Don’t buy up more stuff. Idk maybe it’s just me

yup. I've been spending the last few years focused on making sure my "core" stuff is good and ready and stocked. Great CC kit? check. HD stuff? Sure. Battle Rattle? Yup.

I used to (and I'm still guilty but less so) of saying I should buy this gun, I want it, it's weird and cheap enough. About 4 years ago I made the decision that I should stop doing that and figuratively get my **** together. I see so many preppers/gun guys that have 2 dozen clone rifles or whatever, but not a quality set up that you know how to use to it's maximum. Training, skills, and quality gear should probably come in that order.

What's worth more in new orleans right now, a dozen various replicas of an AR pattern rifle or a single, quality suppressed rifle, duty handgun, night vision and armor?

I've been good on ammo and guns for the past few years. I unexpectedly started a P80 G17L build because Obiden is wanting to ban them. It's funny how you could have no interest in something until someone says you can't have it. I'm waiting on my insurance claim check to come in the mail from an Amazon van hitting my car. Using part of that to buy a slide, then I gotta wait on Lone Wolf to get 17L threaded barrels in stock. I think I'll just get what is available and buy the threaded one later, in which case y'all will see the extra barrel posted for sale here.

I hate that i've sold most of my fun guns to fund more utilitarian ones. 400lb gorillia in room of USA gun owners is we gain no traction on rights because most this is playtime hobby and people do not care about "well regulated" part of ammendment

K

I can’t help but feel things are simmering and will be boiling pretty soon. Way too many ****ed up factors in play right now for things to just be peachy for much longer. So my question is, is anyone else focusing on finishing builds/projects instead of buying more guns?

I’ve rounded out my collection a bit more but I’ve stopped just buying up guns. Focusing more on wrapping up builds to get them done, stocking up on mags/ammo/etc, getting slings attached, optics zeroed, grab-and-go set ups organized, etc. I can’t help but to think a fight is coming sooner rather than later. I keep telling people this: finish your builds! If you only have one rifle and it’s in pieces, get that sucker done! Don’t buy up more stuff. Idk maybe it’s just me
Kerosene lamps. Older the better & assorted wick sizes. Trying one out as I type. Enough light to get around in a big room after the eyes get used to it.

I gave up buying when the prices went stupid because of Corona/Biden. I have picked up a few parts a few months back when they were at pre covid prices. Mostly because they kept talking about serializing uppers and I didn't want to deal with a transfer fee on those.

Addition:. After buying kerosene lamps (they can use diesel too) I kept on and found that kerosene heaters sold today, catalytic heaters will burn diesel too but it ruins the wick. Further research into heating and I found that antique Aladdin Blue Flame heaters use a cotton wick and the cotton wick let's you use diesel. I bought one of these antique heaters, put a new wick in it and it does in fact give a beautiful blue flame with great heat.
By the way, the top is removable and then you find it has a cooking ring to put steel pans on.
I recommend the antique green Aladdin Blue Flame heater.
Any questions PM me

I think you are right on the money. I did two really quick builds ( did them right with great parts ,) just got everything I needed quickly before this crap storm hit to get them in before the shtf. So now I am in chill mode. Scopes, slings, lights and stuff like that will always be around so I am not so concerned with that but I am in reload mode to revive ammo reserve. I have a few more guns I want but I am no hurry because they are old hunting type bolt action so I think I will be safe as those will be the last to for them to go after. I do think people need to take heed to your warning and get those projects wrapped up. The less you absolutely need now the better.

Back
Top Bottom