• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you buying or finishing?

I do think people need to take heed to your warning and get those projects wrapped up. The less you absolutely need now the better.
Yeah and I’m speaking strictly from a fighting standpoint. I guess the point I was trying to make is if you have a go-to, but it isn’t ready to go, maybe skip buying another obscure surplus gun and put that money toward completing that other firearm, regardless of what that might be. Whether it’s an optic, more magazines, ammo, support gear (chest rig, plate carrier, etc), TRAINING. I personally feel getting your go-to system ready to go is more important than buying a 19th .22 rifle. At least for now anyway.

Yeah and I’m speaking strictly from a fighting standpoint. I guess the point I was trying to make is if you have a go-to, but it isn’t ready to go, maybe skip buying another obscure surplus gun and put that money toward completing that other firearm, regardless of what that might be. Whether it’s an optic, more magazines, ammo, support gear (chest rig, plate carrier, etc), TRAINING. I personally feel getting your go-to system ready to go is more important than buying a 19th .22 rifle. At least for now anyway.
I see the order of things as follows, assuming you dropped me off in a brand new place to live and I have zero things but some money, plus I think people forget how much accessory stuff you need to run it well:
water, 3 day food supply
2 weeks food, water collection
training
concealed carry gun, holster (s) belt, spare mags, mag holders, ammo
training
Good rifle, sling, ammo, reloads, way to carry reloads
training
Water, more food (3 months)
6 months emergency cash/debt paid down
armor/chest rig
training
night vision
training
other ****, surplus guns, weird calibers, back ups, etc...

Idea for emergency house lights. Maybe some of you knew but I didn't. They make long strands of white LED Christmas lights that are battery powered. Have a little box to put AAs in. Say's they run for hours. A 60 ft. strand is only $15.
Might not read a book by them but you could see good enough to get around the house. You could probably put them outdoors away from the house to spot trespassers since some are also remote controlled.

Idea for emergency house lights. Maybe some of you knew but I didn't. They make long strands of white LED Christmas lights that are battery powered. Have a little box to put AAs in. Say's they run for hours. A 60 ft. strand is only $15.
Might not read a book by them but you could see good enough to get around the house. You could probably put them outdoors away from the house to spot trespassers since some are also remote controlled.
Neat idea. Have to stock up this year on after Christmas closeouts.

I agree. I consolidated my firearms from 9 calibers down to 3 calibers, stocked up on food supplies, and currently working on my solar grid.
I wish I could go solar but Virginia is a non solar state. They literally suck at everything you could use to save money. Georgia is light years ahead of the curve. You got all kinds of opportunities we don't. I Thought for sure up in the Mountains we could have solar power. The light shines right on my back door. Ideal for solar panels. Nobody could complain about the view I have a fat tree to block the view but still the sun would hit it full blast. There's enough laws against stuff like that really grind at ones soul.

However I do know where an lot of old, old, old logging trails are with fresh water springs are at. Good for small filter devices and really don't need them. Safety first. I have an uncle has a lot of acres up near the Parkway that are prime defense locations. No one can get access to the property and you have a 400 yard view of the entry point. So I have options. Spring fed well my mom's family lived off for decades still runs. A lot of shine was made up near the opening of that source back in the day. The option I take depends on location of threat. Hate to think about things like that but hey never hurts to lay out a plan.

I wish I could go solar but Virginia is a non solar state. They literally suck at everything you could use to save money. Georgia is light years ahead of the curve. You got all kinds of opportunities we don't. I Thought for sure up in the Mountains we could have solar power. The light shines right on my back door. Ideal for solar panels. Nobody could complain about the view I have a fat tree to block the view but still the sun would hit it full blast. There's enough laws against stuff like that really grind at ones soul.

Really, laws against solar power? WOW

Back
Top Bottom