• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you prepared for ice and snow this weekend????

IMG_0203.JPG

Downtown Talkeetna, AK , I'm looking forward to driving with no one else on the road.

Ready as I'll be. Only real thing, my generator isn't running this time. Still think only extreme north Georgia will have a problem. I'm getting generator fixed sooner than latter though

It's calling anywhere from 5 to 10 inches up here in Virginia. It snowed a week and a half ago or so and the power went off right in the middle. When it got down to 40 inside the house I packed up the 4×4 and headed to Bedford where they had power. As long as the power stays on I am set and the truck is fueled up if it goes out again. Got food, drink and snuff the three main food groups. LOL

Was busy doing my preps today. Checked battery stockpile, went grocery shopping, gassed up the truck, mixed 2 gallons of gas for my little tailgator generator to run my pellet grill, gas logs ready to go. Then my MIL called my wife and spun her up. Saying we were going to get a quarter inch of ice and 2 inches of snow. I called my FIL and asked him where has getting his weather report since no where did I see this for Rome. Regardless, they bought a bunch of groceries, beer/wine, and have a larger generator. So, we will head there tomorrow afternoon with the kids and the dog. I'll drink their booze and let them feed me.

I would bet my paycheck we get next to nothing, but we lose power all the time where I live; 2 times this year already. Larger generator is in the budget when I get my bonus in a couple of months.

Nat'l Weather Service official forecast for tonight and tomorrow for McDonough Georgia-- right next to Locust Grove.

QUOTE:
Tonight
Rain, mainly after 9pm. Low around 34. East wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Sunday
Rain before 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow. High near 39. East wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Back
Top Bottom