• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are your Tomatoes coming in?

Sigo

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
If you are like me, you will soon have more tomatoes than you can eat. Try this tasty and fairly healthy treat. Get some mozzarella cheese in the deli section of your grocery store. It is in plastic and has liquid in it. Comes in balls of various sizes. Get some fresh basil or grow it like I do. Get balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half or other tomatoes into cubes. Add to fresh spinach and mix it all together. We call it Caprice (pronounced "Cuh Pree Zee") Salad. It is a family favorite and requested at social events. Try adding other things to change it up. I'm gonna try home made bacon bits next time.

Will be picking my first Pink Brandywine today actually. Nineteen more well behind it; BB to golf-ball sized. I'll be drowning in big tomatoes by the end of July though.

That's on my one and only plant. I use a ladder to prune it to keep it under nine feet-- it would be at least 11 by now if I could support it that high. Next year I'll start the seeds later. But I haven't done this in a long time and just sort of winged it.

The self-watering containers work great, FWIW.

Caprese salads or sandwiches are delish. Even better with your own tomatoes. Use a balsamic reduction it is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom