• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arena Training Facility - Quantified Performance PRS Gas Gun Series - 06/04

Wallace's

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Ash and Jack, owners of Quantified Performance, have a really cool 1 day PRS gas gun match at Arena Training Facility coming up soon on June 4th.

$86 entry fee and there are cabins on site or a hotel nearby with good rates (if coming from a longer distance). In my experience, ≈200-ish rounds will get your through. Much under 200 if your LR skill set in these type of settings is good.

Below is the Practiscore link and the division rules from the QP page for quick reference.

https://practiscore.com/the-quantified-performance-straight-8/register

Match starts: June 04, 2022 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: June 04, 2022 @ 4:30 PM

Blakley, GA 39823

Semi-Automatic Precision Rifle Match
8 stage, 1 day event

Open Division.

This division is intended to provide a competitive atmosphere for rifle systems that are purpose-built for mid-to-long range competitive events.

- Barrels in excess of 20.5 inches, as measured from the face of the closed bolt to the face of the muzzle will automatically classify as “Open Division”. Suppressors, flash hiders, and brakes DO NOT count toward the overall barrel length. There is no minimum barrel length requirement.

- No limit to magazine capacity

- May not exceed a caliber of .30 inches or a velocity of 3,200 ft/s. Violation of the caliber or velocity limits will result in a match DQ.

Practical Precision Division.

This division is intended to provide a competitive atmosphere for mid-to-long range rifles that are appropriate for real-world use, specifically service and department issued rifle systems (and similar). Failing to meet the constraints of the division will result in the competitor being moved to “Open Division”.

- Barrels must be less than 20.5 inches, as measured from the face of the closed bolt to the face of the muzzle. Suppressors, flash hiders, and brakes DO NOT count toward the overall barrel length.

- Magazine capacity is limited to 20 rounds.

- Will not exceed a caliber of .30 inches or a velocity of 3,000 ft/s.

General Purpose Division.

This division is intended to encompass practical rifles and carbines with general purpose optics that are not purpose-built for a competitive edge in mid-to-long range application. Failing to meet the constraints of the division will result in the competitor being moved to “Practical Precision” or “Open” divisions, as applicable.

- Barrels must be less than 18.5 inches, as measured from the face of the closed bolt to the face of the muzzle. Suppressors, flash hiders, and brakes DO NOT count toward the overall barrel length.

- Available maximum magnification of 8.5x, per verified optical performance, or manufacturer marking on optic, verified by manufacturer specification per model, whichever is higher. Variable power optics with higher than 8.5x may be used with the provision that the lowest power available is 1.5x or below. The addition of a secondary optic does not qualify as meeting the 1.5x or below criteria.

- No limit to magazine capacity.

- Will not exceed a caliber of .30 inches or a velocity of 2,900 ft/s.

I’m following it .. I talked to Righter about it not long ago about what would be needed for using 77gr out of 18” 223W. I don’t think my zoomie is enough for the 1k yd shots still looking for a replacement. I want to do the NRL22X down there the 25th and saw this one looking for it. I’ll try to make it sounds like a great event to be apart of.

I’m following it .. I talked to Righter about it not long ago about what would be needed for using 77gr out of 18” 223W. I don’t think my zoomie is enough for the 1k yd shots still looking for a replacement. I want to do the NRL22X down there the 25th and saw this one looking for it. I’ll try to make it sounds like a great event to be apart of.
I have shot 3 Arena matches and one DMR with a 16" 5.56, 3-15 and 77gr. You will be fine. Stable shooting position>cheat code mode caliber anyway. Generally, only 1-2 1k+ targets out there per match anyways. Most are in the 400-600 range. They normally toss in some 100-200y stuff to encourage speed and urgency as well.

Scott P of the AMU came in 3rd overall with a 5.56 last match as info. 77gr as well. Only one 1,100 target. Everything else was 800 and in.

I can very consistently make hits at 800y with my 13.7" 5.56 running 73g ELDMs @ 2440 fps so an 18" should be fine. On three separate occasions I have shot out to 1,000y with it and made hits on full size torsos. This sounds like a fun match. Sucks I have a 1-10 on my 13.7 as that would push me into that practical class with the bigger guns, but it still would be fun to come out and shoot it.

Well y’all are making it easier for me to want to go. I built a 18” SPR just for this and put a 4x16 on it. Then ammo went ^^^ I think that puts me in practical division. The only testing I’ve done is at CMP AL with IMI Razor confirmed at 200 300 and 600 but I can’t get Ballistic AE app to match my confirmed waterline at 200 and 300 using .372BC and 2800MV I have a PRS rimfire match next Sun after the match I’ll try to confirm impacts out to 750 if there’s time. I’d feel better knowing that for at least a chance to be successful.

Well y’all are making it easier for me to want to go. I built a 18” SPR just for this and put a 4x16 on it. Then ammo went ^^^ I think that puts me in practical division. The only testing I’ve done is at CMP AL with IMI Razor confirmed at 200 300 and 600 but I can’t get Ballistic AE app to match my confirmed waterline at 200 and 300 using .372BC and 2800MV I have a PRS rimfire match next Sun after the match I’ll try to confirm impacts out to 750 if there’s time. I’d feel better knowing that for at least a chance to be successful.
At the end of the day I look at it like this: I want to be able to perform to the edge of my platform's capability and really find out where those limitations are and where true consistency lies. My results compared to someone else with some other platform is much less important. I'm not going to build a gun to match a specific division for a competition. I'm going to build a gun to match a specific use case for my personal needs. What good is a competition gun if it has no real world application?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I can very consistently make hits at 800y with my 13.7" 5.56 running 73g ELDMs @ 2440 fps so an 18" should be fine. On three separate occasions I have shot out to 1,000y with it and made hits on full size torsos. This sounds like a fun match. Sucks I have a 1-10 on my 13.7 as that would push me into that practical class with the bigger guns, but it still would be fun to come out and shoot it.
If it's a Ravor 1-10, you can register as general purpose.

At the end of the day I look at it like this: I want to be able to perform to the edge of my platform's capability and really find out where those limitations are and where true consistency lies. My results compared to someone else with some other platform is much less important. I'm not going to build a gun to match a specific division for a competition. I'm going to build a gun to match a specific use case for my personal needs. What good is a competition gun if it has no real world application?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I think every build I have has its own duty or designed use. Whether 11.5 with lpvo 16 with carry handle or 18 with long range optic. I like you want to learn the edge or the limits for each one. The good thing about competitions is comparing holds or dope with others unfortunately I’m usually the only unwashed heathen using MOA at these type events. I like a challenge and enjoy the math or science of the game while still learning and getting better or more efficient at what I enjoy. I would have more confidence if I can see on a kestrel or ballistic app matching holds with my confirmed impacts. I know the distances at matches are not exactly 5 or 10 yd increments so having good dope or repeatable app will make me feel better about entering.

I think every build I have has its own duty or designed use. Whether 11.5 with lpvo 16 with carry handle or 18 with long range optic. I like you want to learn the edge or the limits for each one. The good thing about competitions is comparing holds or dope with others unfortunately I’m usually the only unwashed heathen using MOA at these type events. I like a challenge and enjoy the math or science of the game while still learning and getting better or more efficient at what I enjoy. I would have more confidence if I can see on a kestrel or ballistic app matching holds with my confirmed impacts. I know the distances at matches are not exactly 5 or 10 yd increments so having good dope or repeatable app will make me feel better about entering.
Have you seen/tried this?
Pretty cool. Not really applicable to slow/low BC platform like the one I am running but I do plan on getting this worked out for my 6.5CM's.

Back
Top Bottom