• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arena Training Facility - Quantified Performance PRS Gas Gun Series - 06/04

1.5” is close enough can you enter IMI 77gr on Hornady app I thought it was only hornady ammo
Not sure if that one is on there but there are non Hornady loads on the 4DOF calculator.

I'm probably too anal, but I try to get all known factors like sight height and such absolutely perfect. I've got enough guessing to do with all the unknowns.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Not sure if that one is on there but there are non Hornady loads on the 4DOF calculator.

I'm probably too anal, but I try to get all known factors like sight height and such absolutely perfect. I've got enough guessing to do with all the unknowns.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah i get it there are many variables. I can use the Sierra Match King 77gr on the app but it’s not gonna be a safe load with anything that far over 2750 pushing a 77gr it’s not even possible lol. Even the Black Hills OTM 77gr is showing 2750 on the box. That’s why I think the 2690 Im getting is close but may be over 2700 slightly. I guess I need to LabRadar it next.

Your HOB has nominal impact in the app. However, 1.5 is too low. It is generally 1.2x" (center of bbl bore to top of pic rail (on an AR15) + optic base to ring centerline. So, a 1.54" mount would be 1.2+1.54=2.74" HOB, but again, I think your issue is velocity.

In the end, you can only trust reality. I have been shooting IMI 77gr since 2019. I have been high 25xx-low 26xx over 4+ lots. My 16" chronos a tad slower than other 16" bbl as well. Unless your 18" is super lose or nearing the end of it's life, 26xx is simply too low. Your adjustments only verify this (pending you are seeing your hits clearly → if a target is 3 mils tall and your are aiming at the very top and hitting at the bottom, while it is a "hit" you adjustment for elevation is likely wrong pending wind conditions).

I once butt dialed Strelok in my back pocket at a match. The result was some setting getting altered unknowingly to me. We had a 1k yard target, my app told me 4.4 mil, which we know is simply impossible with a 16" 5.56 gas gun. So, to fix, I nuked the whole thing, reloaded the data and it corrected my adjustments. I could not find the setting that was messed up at the match.

These apps are typically super useful, however, they should not be the end all to your solution. If you are getting bad results, you need to assume something is wrong. In this case, Use the G7, not G1 BC. Correct your HOB (I used 2.74" for your model in my Kestrel assuming you have a1.5" mount). Chrono with something else. I have a V3 as well. However, I used a buddies LabRadar a few weekends ago and it only yielded a nominal difference. Not 120+fps. Still validated my V3 for me so I trust it.

Also, due to lack of participation-signups, 06/04 Straight 8 was cancelled. However, they moved folks to the V-Twin 1 and 2 in July. $86 for either day and you get to shoot at one of the best facilities in GA.

07/09 and just $86.

07/10 and just $86.

Arena Training Facility
200 Sherman Road
Blakley, GA 39823

Wallace's Wallace's you we’re right 2.75 over bore so when I input that it’s closer but I’m not seeing it from 200 - 700 like I confirmed. I’ll just have to tweak the BC a velo to read what my confirmed ele is if I can thanks for the help.

7FD92E9B-124C-4081-BC77-5E4B6C0D5057.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom