• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Argue for Mandated Training So As To Exercise a Basic Civil Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then we'll have a cheap mandatory class before we are allowed to buy any guns. It is for the children! /sarcasm off
I am more scared of people like you that think they know what is better for me than outright liberals. At least they are honest about their end goal--no civilian gun ownership.

Last edited:
I"m looking forward to seeing what the janitor came up with in the months since this was last discussed in committee under that gold dome down there. Until then, there isn't that much to debate. Campus carry may not even be addressed this year... we don't really know yet. Or, at least, I don't know yet.

Do I support Campus Carry? Yes
... training (formal or informal)? Yes
... mandatory training? No
... Constitutional carry? Yes (which would still limit rocket launchers, machine guns, and other items already restricted at the federal level)
... campus carry? Yes (and church, and bar, etc.)
Would I support a training mandate if it allowed campus carry to be included? Undecided... the lesser of two evils is still evil...
How about a campus carry training option? Yes (essentially creating two levels of GWL) ... still not ideal
Do we agree on everything? No, probably not... but I can still be your friend and perhaps we can make more progress this year ;)

I look forward to meeting more of you as we have more events and activities this year :)

Rory, just Rory... not a leader or organizer of any organization... just me talking.

Last edited:
And then we'll have a cheap mandatory class before we are allowed to buy any guns. It is for the children!
I am more scared of people like you that think they know what is better for me than outright liberals. At least they are honest about their end goal--no civilian gun ownership.

How can anyone deny that letting criminals have guns is a bad thing? How can anyone deny letting untrained kids have guns is a bad thing? If that is not common sense then I don't know what is.

How am I being dishonest? I've flat out stated my opinions here on this thread.

How can anyone deny that letting criminals have guns is a bad thing? How can anyone deny letting untrained kids have guns is a bad thing? If that is not common sense then I don't know what is.

You sir have lost creditability. It will be a challenge to gain it back. Good luck with that though.

I have never said a word about allowing criminals or kids to have guns. Do not put words in my mouth. May I suggest you go back to organizing for America.org or moveon.org, wherever you came from.

You sir have lost creditability. It will be a challenge to gain it back. Good luck with that though.

Please explain why I lost creditability. Is it because I'm being realistic for wanting sensible regulations or because I simply do not think like the rest of you?

Having mandatory training doesn't completely stop you from carrying a gun to defend yourself. It doesn't take the guns away from you. It doesn't limit the magazine size or type of weapon you want. Could it set a precedent for other regulations? Yes. But it can also be a good thing. If more people carry and if more of those said people are trained, accidents might occur less often. The gun grabbers will have less leverage when they bring up accidental deaths from firearms.(Even if it's "just" 606) If more responsible gun owners walk the streets, that would deter crime. Crime rates go down and the rest of the people see that these gun owners are trained, are responsible and will do the right thing, they would be more inclined to not impose more regulations. What better way to show the gun grabbers that we are responsible than having everyone who carry a gun be trained?

If we the American people were always meant to be the standing army, the military, the militia, then doesn't that mean training is part of that duty? Anyone who signs up for the military undergoes training. If you don't pass you get sent home. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not advocating that military training to be required for a carry permit. I merely used that example because you guys swear by the 2nd amendment.

Any rational person will say that letting criminals or untrained kids have unrestricted access to guns is a bad thing. A truly absolute 2nd amendment will do just that. When you open up the gates like that not only will you let the law abiding in but the criminals as well. Yes, more people would be more inclined to carry but not everybody will do it but guest what? The criminals will no longer be deterred by laws.

I have mentioned this several times throughout this thread and not one of you has addressed it.

Last edited:
I have never said a word about allowing criminals or kids to have guns. Do not put words in my mouth. May I suggest you go back to organizing for America.org or moveon.org, wherever you came from.

Okay that's fine. So because you feel that criminals or kids should not have guns, you don't believe in the 2nd amendment a 100%.

Thank you for clarifying that.

I just read the 11 Alive article. I love who they quoted and interviewed at the end of the story,

But many students are wary.
"There could be more accidental shootings," said Ola Asonibare, a sophomore from Nigeria.
"I wouldn't" feel safer, said Pat Chevalier, a junior from New Jersey. "I think that you shouldn't have a gun on campus."

They interview a Nigerian student, where gun crime is ramped in Africa, of course she will be for gun control. And no offense if any one is from NJ, not a personal attack on you, but have you read the laws on guns in that state? Way to go 11 Alive for putting the liberals on a topic they know nothing about.

Please explain why I lost creditability. Is it because I'm being realistic for wanting sensible regulations or because I simply do not think like the rest of you?

Having mandatory training doesn't completely stop you from carrying a gun to defend yourself. It doesn't take the guns away from you. It doesn't limit the magazine size or type of weapon you want. Could it set a precedent for other regulations? Yes. But it can also be a good thing. If more people carry and if more of those said people are trained, accidents might occur less often. The gun grabbers will have less leverage when they bring up accidental deaths from firearms.(Even if it's "just" 606) If more responsible gun owners walk the streets, that would deter crime. Crime rates go down and the rest of the people see that these gun owners are trained, are responsible and will do the right thing, they would be more inclined to not impose more regulations. What better way to show the gun grabbers that we are responsible than having everyone who carry a gun be trained?

If we the American people were always meant to be the standing army, the military, the militia, then doesn't that mean training is part of that duty? Anyone who signs up for the military undergoes training. If you don't pass you get sent home. Don't get me wrong here. I'm not advocating that military training to be required for a carry permit. I merely used that example because you guys swear by the 2nd amendment.

Any rational person will say that letting criminals or untrained kids have unrestricted access to guns is a bad thing. A truly absolute 2nd amendment will do just that. When you open up the gates like that not only will you let the law abiding in but the criminals as well. Yes, more people would be more inclined to carry but not everybody will do it but guest what? The criminals will no longer be deterred by laws.

I have mentioned this several times throughout this thread and not one of you has addressed it.

You ASSUME that Criminals give a Rats Butt about Laws, and that Laws are a Deterrent to Criminals. What a Laugh. You are either very young, naive or both and have a lot to learn. The Law abiding Citizens and the Constitution are the ones under siege from progressive thinkers like yourself. You like to compare a Right to a Privilege and think they are one and the same. Law abiding citizens are Not the ones you need to be worried about. You’ll never Idiot Proof anything in this world, but your willing to Sacrifice your/my Rights to try and do that. There are No Laws that you will ever Pass that will Keep Criminals from obtaining Guns, just Laws that will Restrict the Law abiding Citizens from their Right to Own, Enjoy and Protect themselves with them. There are more than enough current Laws on the books now Restricting Our RIGHT to own Guns. One of the main problems lie with our FAILED CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM to enforce and properly PUNISH criminals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom