• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Argue for Mandated Training So As To Exercise a Basic Civil Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the father that accidentally killed his son while trying to de-batterize his pistol after a range session wishes he had some basic training. I also bet the father that allowed his son to zipper his face with a Glock 18 against the instructors advice wishes the same.

I bet the father that accidentally killed his son while trying to de-batterize his pistol after a range session wishes he had some basic training. I also bet the father that allowed his son to zipper his face with a Glock 18 against the instructors advice wishes the same.

They don't need a license in those places. This debate keeps getting off in the weeds. Think before you post.

"It's absolutely crazy it would rise to this level over somebody just texting in a movie theater," Charles Cummings, a Vietnam veteran who was watching the movie at the time of the shooting, told MyFoxTampaBay.com. "I can't believe people would bring a gun to a movie."

Really? Where does the media find these yahoos? Just happened to be vet too...

Anytime someone tries to take my natural right to defend myself away, under any guise of good deeds, save the children, or whatever the call to progressive action of the week is, you are using immoral force to remove /limit my rights. An inch today, and inch tomorrow, and that's how we've gotten to where we are today!

As someone made the parallel earlier-
If you had to go through testing to get a press card before you could exercise your 1st amendment right would you feel the same way?
Oh wait, the tyrants are going down that path too...

"Snuff the approach of tyranny in every tainted breeze" -Edmund Burke

Looks like we need more laws. Yay!!!

We are own worst enemies. Exponentially more children drown in bath tubs than are accidentally killed by firearms. Maybe we should require training for bathing our children now????

Liberalism is winning in leaps and bounds...

Looks like we need more laws. Yay!!!

Don't get all Bill O'reilly on me. I simply suggested that it was a good idea to get basic training if you are going to carry. Hell, if not for safety of those around, for your own. Anyone that is willing to argue that doesn't really comprehend what it means to carry a handgun effectively. While I don't think it should be a law, I do think more people should use common sense.

To see the realities of what I am stating (in a controlled environment), why don't you few guys come up and let's shoot a course of fire with a simulated crowd and see how many people you accidentally shoot. I'm willing to say the numbers would be surprising.

You can argue paper but you cannot argue fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom