• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armadillos Attacking my Yard?

I say shoot 'em, but you will have to use something "stout". A couple years ago in South GA a guy shot one with a 9mm, bullet bounced off the critter and hit his mother-in-law sitting on the porch. I think you need more than a rimfire round.
I'm not seeing the negative.

I say shoot 'em, but you will have to use something "stout". A couple years ago in South GA a guy shot one with a 9mm, bullet bounced off the critter and hit his mother-in-law sitting on the porch. I think you need more than a rimfire round.
That was totally a lie, he just shot his MIL lol. You don't think a copper round nose 22LR would work on a head shot? Shooting anything at the wrong angle into those armor plates is likely to glance off imo. If all else fails a 12 ga slug would do it.

The castor oil pellets shouldnt poison yer well. That might be enough. If I recall it’s about $100 for a quarter acre.

Leave them alone, once they rooted out all the fire ants from my yard they left. Fire ants didn't return, holes smoothed out eventually. If you really want them gone you can replace those yard pets that you have. They tend to stay out of yards that have a good active dog.
This

Back
Top Bottom