Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!

ArmaLaser TR1

Thread in 'Gear Reviews' started by GAgunLAWbooklet, Nov 17, 2018.

1. GAgunLAWbooklet

GAgunLAWbooklet The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

30   0

Rating
    100%
    View attachment 1873274 2F026C38-82EB-418F-AE1C-37B60E1265B3.png

Until last week, I only knew of Crimson Trace making laser units that clamp around the trigger guards of small semi auto pistols.

Then I say that a company called Viridian makes them too, and Ruger installs them at the factory for some of the Ruger LCP and LCP -2 or LCP II models. They look appealing, but I have never seen one in person.

TODAY I WAS INTRODUCED TO YET ANOTHER TRIGGER-GUARD ATTACHING LASER UNIT:
    The ArmaLaser TR-1, which came on a slightly used Kel-Tec P3AT for a great price.

This unit at first looked the same as similar units from Crimson Trace, but in use I found that the plastic shell takes up a lot of room inside the trigger guard, making it a bit awkward to get on the trigger in a hurry. That is not a problem I ever found on any of the non-laser KelTec .380's I've dry fired before or the KelTec P32 that I've owned for 10+ years.

The momentary "ON" switch on the TR1 is a little gold colored strip of metal located on the front of the grip. It comes on easily with a very light touch.
    The laser has a on-off switch to deactivate if you'll be handling it or transporting it in a way that might cause the momentary switch to come on inadvertently and drain your battery.