• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armed Citizen: Law & Skills, 4/9 in Stone Mountain

1   0
Reaction score
Registration link

Course Content: The class will begin at 9:00AM with the classroom portion which will consist of a Police-Citizen Contacts presentation and a discussion of Georgia's carry laws.

The Police-Citizen Contacts presentation will explore the legal guidelines handed down by the United States Supreme Court governing contacts between citizens and peace officers. Special attention will be given to the understanding of the concepts of reasonable articulable suspicion (RAS) and probable cause (PC) and their applications to the seizure of persons and property. Particular focus will be paid to how these concepts apply to the armed citizen. The legal framework for the evaluation of use of force by the courts will also be discussed.

After lunch, we will move to a nearby indoor range for an afternoon of range work. Students will need 200 rounds of ammunition (bring more if you wish, we'll shoot as long as we can). Range work will consist of:

• Avoidance/De-escalation/Escape techniques
  • Rapid presentation from the holster/concealment
  • Accurate shot placement under tight time and accuracy constraints
  • Reloads
  • Post-incident procedures
Equipment: This will be a "run what you brung" class. Students should take the class using their normal carry method/firearm. I recommend that you avoid holsters that require the use of a trigger finger to release the release the retention mechanism in order to draw such as the Blackhawk Serpa. I also recommend that you use a holster that does not collapse when the pistol is drawn. Ideally, you should be able to re-holster the firearm using only one hand. If you carry a backup gun and would like to work some of the drills with your BUG, you are welcome to do so.

Students need to bring all of their own safety equipment to include hearing and eye protection and a hat with a brim or bill as well as any personal comfort items desired such as drinks, snacks, chairs, etc.

The problem isn't going to get easier when it realizes that all you brought is a 5-shot revolver.

Skill Level: While the range portion is not an “advanced” course, it is not a course for the beginner either. Students should know how to load/unload their firearms and should be able to work on a line with other shooters and follow directions.

Cost: The cost of the course is $125. Students may reserve a spot in the course by making a $75.00 deposit. There is a $5.12 fee if the deposit is paid online. To arrange to pay the deposit via other methods, please contact me directly at lee@firstpersonsafety.com.

Weather policy: If the weather is such that it jeopardizes the students' safety, the class will be postponed or delayed as appropriate. Otherwise, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.

Cancellation Policy: The deposit is non-refundable if you choose not to attend the class. If I am forced to cancel the class for reasons other than the above outlined weather policy, students will have the option of refund of their deposit or attending the course on another date at a reduced fee.

*** I reserve the right to cancel the course and give refunds if less that 50% of the spots sell.

POST credit will be awarded to GA POST certified peace officers.

Registration link

Back
Top Bottom