• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armor: Where to souce a Level 3A composite plate?

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
What models, variations? I'm 6' 4" and 220 lbs if that matters. Any good Georgia suppliers? Any tips from those who have tried out various platforms? I work in a school, and have been contemplating just keeping a plate in my EDC backpack just in case. Really cheap insurance.

*mods, move this if its in the wrong area.

What models, variations? I'm 6' 4" and 220 lbs if that matters. Any good Georgia suppliers? Any tips from those who have tried out various platforms? I work in a school, and have been contemplating just keeping a plate in my EDC backpack just in case. Really cheap insurance.

*mods, move this if its in the wrong area.
shoot me a pm. i can get you some... this is a link to some i sold a bit back.
i can get all you want.

3A is pistol rated
3 is 308 rated
4 is 30-06 black tip rated
and OP armor is a trifecta... Weight, price, protection. You can pick any two.

if you're dead set on rifle protection, check out RMA 1003. Level IIIa+ which basically means all pistol and some rifle.

I work in a school and I carry a Vertx EDC backpack with Premier soft armor. it's sized to fit soft armor that's level III. Weighs like 2 pounds and I can't really tell it's there because it has it's own compartment in the back. I have carried the bag around town, flown with it, and it's my over night bag, too. Soft armor that lives in a backpack is easier than a plate, I've tried both. The plate was smaller and shifted around, plus heavier.
I'm not invincible obviously but good enough coverage and I can wear it in the front or back, depending what I'm doing, and some armor in my office beats the PC in the truck.

If you're setting up something like this you should also consider real medical. TQs, gloves, bandages, etc. I've had people hit by cars, fall down stairs, cut themselves, etc on campus but (so far) no actives.

Is there a reason you only want 3A? I suggest at least 3+

7A4FECDC-EF1D-4509-9FA9-0CB4A0601DBD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom