• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armored F-450 Ultimate Bugout Truck L@@K

Some time ago, I saw a SUV from Ford. I think it was armored. But the main feature was a freekin laser gun that popped up from the middle of the roof. The laser was designed to cut through road blocks, not to fight. Although I'm sure it might have it's uses.
Man I would love to see that !

Correct, all the glass is bullet resistant. If you can imagine a welded armor box and then the factory panels wrapped around it is essential what an armored vehicle is. The motor is the 6.7 diesel powerstroke , tuned and deleted, not sure on the running gear specs , whatever stock is on a f450 ...
Don’t tell the govt it’s deleted

The state cops in New Jersey just confiscated someone’s dodge diesel when they saw the for sale ad

• Wow
Reactions: GFB
Yes I have seen and driven those in my time . They were actually armored by BMW and not 3rd party ...I think bmw was the only one to do that ..
The Commander of USAFE used to be driven around in an armored Mercedes.
They were impressive. I remember all of his OSI bodyguards standing around it holding gym bags at port arms, dressed like Agent Smith as he left HQ to get in the car.

They sent one of these cars to the CINCUSNAVEUR in Italy. One of the NCO's driving the car fell asleep on the Autobahn on the way there and rolled the car about 5 times according to what I was told. The car was brought back to USAFE HQ on a flat bed and had a single crack in the window. The NCO's walked away from the accident. The car was "Totaled".

The Commander of USAFE used to be driven around in an armored Mercedes.
They were impressive. I remember all of his OSI bodyguards standing around it holding gym bags at port arms, dressed like Agent Smith as he left HQ to get in the car.

They sent one of these cars to the CINCUSNAVEUR in Italy. One of the NCO's driving the car fell asleep on the Autobahn on the way there and rolled the car about 5 times according to what I was told. The car was brought back to USAFE HQ on a flat bed and had a single crack in the window. The NCO's walked away from the accident. The car was "Totaled".
An accident was something I always feared driving armored vehicles. If someone pulls out in front of you they would be turned in tomatoes past right there on the spot. And rolling one over 5 times and walking away is crazy , bc 99% of the time all air bags are deleted ...

Of course the Achilles Heal of armored vehicles is the radiator, especially with the heat a diesel puts out coupled with extra weight, speeds that process up. Same thing happened to KillDozer. Still a badass rig. Ideally the best bugout vehicle is an air cooled dirt bike. More so when the cars shutdown and clog the expressways. Couple that with a syphon hose for gas and you're good.

Back
Top Bottom