• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armslist advise

Only did one deal there, but it was a guy in Washington. I was leary as well. He sent me pics of his drivers license and two weapons license from different states. I did all the research I could on what info I had to go on and determined that he was a real person. Communication was good all the way through. Used USPS money order and he shipped to my local FFL. It's still my every day hunting rifle. Proud to have it in my collection.

I've done many online firearm purchases. The only time I was scammed was armslist. A detective busted the scam and I received all my money back a year later. I was very lucky. Some have had good experiences with armslist. Gunbroker and the ODT are my only person to person online sites I use now.

I've bought 2 guns in the last 2 weeks on Armslist but they were local. Only way I'd buy from someone not local would be paying with PayPal goods and services.

Armslist is full of scumbags. Case in point yesterday...contacted a local on a Rossi nickel snub .357 for $175. Sent him my information, and he calls me. We speak and I agree to buy for $175, and tell him I can meet anytime after 5PM through the whole weekend. He hems and haws...says he has to check with his significant other...blah blah blah.... We are about 20 minutes from each other. Says he will hold it for me and will call me when he is available.

I send him a text last night- no response. This morning on Armslist, I see the Rossi .357 up to $250 now (same ad), and then, ironically, the identical gun for sale by someone else for $300.

I call the seller and leave a message basically saying- "At least give me the courtesy of telling me you want more money or just sold it, instead of me thinking I will be the future owner". Then...minutes later, I get a text that says, "Stop calling me".

No honor- piece of turd. What a scumbag!!

Armslist is full of scumbags. Case in point yesterday...contacted a local on a Rossi .357 for $175. Sent him my information, and he calls me. We speak and I agree to buy for $175, and tell him I can meet anytime after 5PM through the whole weekend. He hems and haws...says he has to check with his significant other...blah blah blah.... We are about 20 minutes from each other. Says he will hold it for me and will call me when he is available.

I send him a text last night- no response. This morning on Armslist, I see the Rossi .357 up to $250 now (same ad), and then, ironically, the identical gun for sale by someone else for $300.

I call the seller and leave a message basically saying- "At least give me the courtesy of telling me you want more money or just sold it, instead of me thinking I will be the future owner". Then...minutes later, I get a text that says, "Stop calling me".

No honor- piece of turd. What a scumbag!!
Gotta take the good with the bad on there for sure. Weed through the idiots and scumbags in hopes of finding that 1 deal that makes it all worth it.

Back
Top Bottom