• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Army looking for new Pistol Caliber Sub Machine Gun

I thought about this more and the more I thought about the M1 Carbine round or the 7.62x25 round...the latter would make more sense the the carbine cartridge but since it's a commie round prolly wouldn't be considered.

The Angstadt Arms and Shield Arms are AR-type weapons that take pistol mags: the UDP-9 and SA9K, respectively. AR-type platforms would simplify training and maintenance.

The offering from Trident Rifles is a B&T, which is a little odd since B&T is also in the running.

B&T has different SMG’s. I’ve shot one model and had no complaints. It’s expected that their submittals will be APC9 variants; the SD and K versions.

Word is that Global Ordnance will be submitting an MP5 variant.

I like the SIG MPX very much. Shot a few and am still waiting on a .357SIG caliber conversion.

The above companies have been notified they were selected. It is still up to them to accept the Army’s offer to participate. The Prototype Opportunity Notice calls for delivery of 15 weapons within 30 days, with the purchase of 350 weapons at a time; up to 1,000 total weapons.

Back
Top Bottom