• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arrest warrant issued: Jalen Carter involvement in fatal crash of UGA staffer and teammate

That's usually how cases go. They don't talk about it until they have all the evidence to charge them with something that will stick. They probably knew for a while but were waiting on lab results to come in on the deceased to know her BAC level, probably waiting on camera footage, probably have interviewed him several times to get the story, etc.
You think we all just like bashing the guy? Just cause he's a Dawg doesn't mean he gets a pass if he does something stupid. Not to mention how he left the scene and wasn't honest about what happened.... that tells me all I need to know about the type of person he is, Dawg or not...

Dawg or not, I think it’s BS to release it today. All of the other cases, Jamon Dumas Johnson’s information wasn’t released today but happened about the same time. I don’t think he should get a pass and probably should lose his license or a lot of community service like we all would. Ya’ll just act like the crash is his fault, no mention if he backed off way before the crash or was leading, no personal accountability of the other drivers? Did he get out to help? Could he help if he wanted? Was he told to leave? Was it too late? It was too late… nothing he could do about it at that point. Did he call for help? Was the student affairs guy that was at the scene afterwards the one who advised him to leave? Did he know? Did a lawyer get involved and advise him? If it was gun related, would you have a different perspective? He didn’t pull the trigger, provide the gun, pressure the others involved to participate, does he have unalienable rights, etc?

I live not far from the accident site.

Went and look at day after. Very familiar with that stretch of road. Told people they had to be doing 100 mph, they told me I was crazy. I said that may be so, but they still had to be doing 100 mph.

I was really curious how the driver could loose control and hit the curb on a 5 lane road. independent testing verified that that slight curve could be taken at 85 MPH by a 5000 lb. SUV with no problem. So they had to booking.

Carter's conduct post accident is despicable. What a worthless pile of ****.

One thing that that made the paper but hasn't really be blown up yet, is that the athletic association's official "fixer" was on the scene before most of the cops. He actually has a hotline to the chief of police,, and he was the one that notified the chief of the accident.

It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the one that told Carter to get his ass out of there. Carter denied even being on the scene at first. Some good on the ground police work by the traffic cops built the case against him.

Footnote, they were on their way to my home away from home, the WH about a mile from the wreck.
"Who's cousin-daddy, brother-in-law is he and how has he escaped an obstruction charge? Or even misprision?

7cxkxx.jpg

Dawg or not, I think it’s BS to release it today. All of the other cases, Jamon Dumas Johnson’s information wasn’t released today but happened about the same time. I don’t think he should get a pass and probably should lose his license or a lot of community service like we all would. Ya’ll just act like the crash is his fault, no mention if he backed off way before the crash or was leading, no personal accountability of the other drivers? Did he get out to help? Could he help if he wanted? Was he told to leave? Was it too late? It was too late… nothing he could do about it at that point. Did he call for help? Was the student affairs guy that was at the scene afterwards the one who advised him to leave? Did he know? Did a lawyer get involved and advise him? If it was gun related, would you have a different perspective? He didn’t pull the trigger, provide the gun, pressure the others involved to participate, does he have unalienable rights, etc?
Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to try and defend the guy... If you read the report, he fled the scene while his teammate and recruiter were dead/dying. He knew he ****ed up and he just took off and left. Then he lied about it. He didn't come clean until they reviewed video footage that showed him not only there when it happened, but racing her down the street. But yeah I'm sure he's a good guy and just didn't know what happened.... Your interpretation of the law seems to be off as well. You do understand that if you're involved in an illegal street race and somebody else gets killed, you bare some of the responsibility right? And yes, part of the crash is his fault. His drunk ass was racing another drunk person down the street over 100mph. They were weaving all over the road, all lanes. They could have killed other people too. **** THEM. He should rot.

Also, your gun analogy, you do know that if you're participating in a crime, even if you're not the one holding the gun, you will get charged too right? If three guys commit an armed robbery and only one of them has the gun, all three of them still get charged...

Also, your gun analogy, you do know that if you're participating in a crime, even if you're not the one holding the gun, you will get charged too right? If three guys commit an armed robbery and only one of them has the gun, all three of them still get charged...

I think he's referring specifically to the former and current Alabama basketball players who were involved in a shooting.

The superstar 'Bama player who transported the gun and probably (based on current media reports) understood most of the circumstances, has received a pass from law enforcement so far.

Takes a lot of mental gymnastics to try and defend the guy... If you read the report, he fled the scene while his teammate and recruiter were dead/dying. He knew he ****ed up and he just took off and left. Then he lied about it. He didn't come clean until they reviewed video footage that showed him not only there when it happened, but racing her down the street. But yeah I'm sure he's a good guy and just didn't know what happened.... Your interpretation of the law seems to be off as well. You do understand that if you're involved in an illegal street race and somebody else gets killed, you bare some of the responsibility right? And yes, part of the crash is his fault. His drunk ass was racing another drunk person down the street over 100mph. They were weaving all over the road, all lanes. They could have killed other people too. **** THEM. He should rot.

If he's an alumni, I'm ashamed. **** the little darling's ranking.

Sad but we were all young and dumb also….
Just in different ways
For sure.

Don't think he should be charged with manslaughter or whatever, like others are saying. He's young, has/had a promising future, and a rocket of a car. I'm sure he was having a blast. But sometimes that dumb **** you do catches up with you, and now it's time to pay the price. His actions were wrong and personally I'm so ********ed sick and tired of these type assholes on the road. But his actions and lack there of after the event are reprehensible.

Back
Top Bottom