• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arrest warrant issued: Jalen Carter involvement in fatal crash of UGA staffer and teammate

I'm kind of old but I remember when college sports teams had to pass the same requirements as you and I would. Today as long as a player has an IQ above 65 + or - 5 he's in, no testing required. Your kids have to bust their *** to maintain good grades and keep up with all the different genders in order to graduate. These bozo's don't study, don't pay a dime, in some cases get paid, get cars, also get the get out of jail free card to play sports for a college. I stopped watching sports when it became OK to put this kind of trash on their teams.

I'm kind of old but I remember when college sports teams had to pass the same requirements as you and I would. Today as long as a player has an IQ above 65 + or - 5 he's in, no testing required. Your kids have to bust their *** to maintain good grades and keep up with all the different genders in order to graduate. These bozo's don't study, don't pay a dime, in some cases get paid, get cars, also get the get out of jail free card to play sports for a college. I stopped watching sports when it became OK to put this kind of trash on their teams.

On the other hand: How many college bound kids from the other 49 states would be interested in UGA if the brand name hadn't been tremendously burnished by succesful sports programs? You can say that about any school with a competitive sports program.

UGA athletics generated $203 million in revenue in 2022, at a cost of $169 million. They make a profit on sports, but more importantly, the intangible value of the UGA brand goodwill generated by sports is probably worth ten times that amount.

Let's say UGA holds athletes to the same academic standards as the average student: UGA becomes another Piedmont College.

That cop sounds drunk. But I'm so glad he "cut him a break". That worked out well.
Most interesting thing about it to me was, if I heard it right, Carter was the third football player he'd pulled over in a 24-hour period for speeding and he was cajoling him to ask everyone on the team to slow down. I'd expect there might be some arrests in the future when similar circumstances arise.

True story, but my wife sat in front of a very well known UGA player (went on to the NFL) back in the day. One day midway through the semester, they were talking before class and he asked "What's that book you're reading?" She giggled a little bit and told him it was the textbook for their class.

T Was told he could leave by some unknown person, possibly the athletic association "fixer" or someone on the scene (911 call has someone in the background calling him by nickname, telling him to go on) No LEO told him to leave. Was asked to come back by LEO when his story about being at the House of Waffles didn't check out. Didn't show up for nearly 2 hours.
Tidied it up for you.

Back
Top Bottom