• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arsenal AKs gauging the market

Never cared for AK's much, picked up C39V2 magpul edition for 800 bucks after watching a few videos on the web and seeing it pass the 5K rounds and torture tests... Love it.

Then post purchase did some digging... cast/heat treated bolt and carrier... Oh well just shooting the crap out of it, I like it and it's doing fine so far... if the bolt or carrier start looking deformed or bad or it doesn't pass the go/no go gauges then I'll upgrade it to the Polish Milled bolt and carrier that people are swapping out the cast parts with...

Could have been a great little made in the USA rifle but to make it great now I have to use Import Parts and have it head spaced! $200-250... Oh well, 1 year warranty, and at least they're in the USA so if out of warranty I need parts or service I can just send it to them.... I'm not an AK snob or purist and the C39V2 is fun to shoot... So I'm okay with it. Lots of haters on USA Made AK's tho... hopefully one day the USA guys will put out a better product...

Arsenal Inc just advertised one of their fixed stock AKM-type models for $869 MSRP. Don't remember exactly which model it was.
Good sign. After Saigas start coming in, we might see $600 AKs again. It is ridiculous that ARs are cheaper than AKs, and I am an AK snob. I understand supply and demand. I do not like it. I thought paying $600 for a converted Robinson Arms Vepr was too much at the time, but I wanted it badly.

Good sign. After Saigas start coming in, we might see $600 AKs again. It is ridiculous that ARs are cheaper than AKs, and I am an AK snob. I understand supply and demand. I do not like it. I thought paying $600 for converted Robinson Arms Vepr was too much at the time, but I wanted it badly.

I'm hoping parts kits drop dramatically as well.

If 5.45 surplus ammo is imported again, I might have to get an AK74, until then it is 7.62x39, although a Galil in 5.56 would be nice.....

If 5.45 surplus ammo is imported again, I might have to get an AK74, until then it is 7.62x39, although a Galil in 5.56 would be nice.....

I had a Galil in 5.56. Bought it in a divorce sale with a bunch of mags and ammo right before I got out of the Corps. Sold it during the AWB for a huge profit. It wasn't for sale, but a guy kept offering me more and more money until he broke me.

Always wanted a Valmet 5.56. Buddy of mine has one, nothing super special about it, I just like them.

Posted this in the Shot Show thread. I'm digging it.

IWI Now Shipping 5.56mm Galil ACE Rifles
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/01/16/iwi-now-shipping-5-56mm-galil-ace-rifles-shot-17/

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2017_01_0116170907_660x371.jpg

I handled a new Galil at PSA in Greenville past fall. It was nice, but I could not get past the plastic in the receiver. At least with PTR G3 clones you can replace the trigger housing with a metal one. I do not think it is possible with ACE Galils.
Never shot/handled a Valmet. I know they became a prototype for Galil, and Swedish AK5, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom