• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

As you age

Pic attached is from my racing my 22 y/o college football playing son ....... slapping hands and he ruptured my UCL and completely dislocated my thumb. $$$ & much pain later later I realize I’m not young anymore ..... all that **** for a $20 race.......

View attachment 2898279
$20 is $20.

I’ll be 52 next February and I did everything wide open, balls out when I wore a younger mans clothes. College football for 1 year, I’ve been rodeoing since I was 10 competing in saddle bronc, steer roping and team roping, raced moto cross bikes for 2 years-possibly the stupidest thing I ever did- and I even swam the ocean with the sharks only to get bit by a minnow in the shallows-a reference to spending a little time in jail and if I learned anything it’s that a body in motion stays in motion.
Older vehicles can be reliable if you keep the maintenance up on them and don’t drive them like you stole it. Same goes for when you and the significant other decide to get naked and rub uglies. If she hasn’t “Reversed Cowgirl” or done the “Windshield Windchimes” in a long time don’t be surprised if she gets a cramp especially if you are experiencing one of those “lasts longer than 4 hour” deals. Slow and steady usually lets an older gentleman win the race in the bedroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could probably use a cycle of Prednisone to help heal. This is a big reminder that I need to get more active. I just picked up a pretty nice weight bench that was left at a rental house today. I just need a straight bar, curl bar and about 300 lbs of plates to go with it. Oh...and somewhere to put all of it.

You could probably use a cycle of Prednisone to help heal. This is a big reminder that I need to get more active. I just picked up a pretty nice weight bench that was left at a rental house today. I just need a straight bar, curl bar and about 300 lbs of plates to go with it. Oh...and somewhere to put all of it.
If he’s gonna cycle he might as well add some chicken and broccoli in with it. Lol

If he’s gonna cycle he might as well add some chicken and broccoli in with it. Lol
Maybe. All I know is when I go to the doctor with a gout flare in my ankle they give me the blister pack of Prednisone that starts with like 8 or 9 and works down to the last dose. But I never use it all. After about 2 days of that I'm good to go. And it's good to have that stuff around for the next time. It helps all kinds of injuries and pains.

Never be convinced you can do things like you did “just a while ago”
We were rained out last Sunday and running the race on Sunday. So racers gonna race... right.
Decided to race a much younger man for 30 yards... took one step and my hamstring blew out and my leg collapsed out from under me.
Felt like I took a shot gun blast to the thigh and hip. Really thought I broke the hip “ball” off my pelvic bone.
Had to be helped to my trailer.
Moral of the story is. If you don’t stay active enough things quit working like they did “just a little while ago”

Me being as hard headed as I am I hobbled around all day, and made several rounds before I got beat out of the four classes I was racing in. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I’ll be damned if I was slinking away, pride was hurt the most and I had to show I wasn’t a *****. LOL

This is what the back of my leg looks like now, but goes up another few inches.View attachment 2894041
Did that same thing at 52. But I won the race. Get well soon...that hurts.

Doing good. Took some muscle relaxers the first couple nights, laid out of work for one week while I gradually moved about the house and then the shop.
This week I ran two trips to Fla, then tonight I installed 1/2 a 2.5” lift in my neighbors Jeep. I will finish tomorrow.
I’m only taking Naproxen, and I’m probably rushing things, but I’m a contractor and am losing a lot of money even at a slower pace.
Damn bruising is slowly sliding down my leg as it it is just as slowly fading. Worried me but internet searches says it’s normal in a bad tear.

Never be convinced you can do things like you did “just a while ago”
We were rained out last Sunday and running the race on Sunday. So racers gonna race... right.
Decided to race a much younger man for 30 yards... took one step and my hamstring blew out and my leg collapsed out from under me.
Felt like I took a shot gun blast to the thigh and hip. Really thought I broke the hip “ball” off my pelvic bone.
Had to be helped to my trailer.
Moral of the story is. If you don’t stay active enough things quit working like they did “just a little while ago”

Me being as hard headed as I am I hobbled around all day, and made several rounds before I got beat out of the four classes I was racing in. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I’ll be damned if I was slinking away, pride was hurt the most and I had to show I wasn’t a *****. LOL

This is what the back of my leg looks like now, but goes up another few inches.View attachment 2894041
Ouchy.

Back
Top Bottom