• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking a premium? Your product should be premium!

Oh I've got that in the back of my mind every time I see a ripped seat. It's inevitable on these bigger diesel trucks. Lots of sliding in and out.
I just get a bad vibe when someone goes that much out of the way to "hide" something that will be evident as soon as the door is opened. My first reaction is what else is being hidden that isn't easily seen?

Yeah but did he "warm it up" for ya? :rolleyes: Looked at a '64 Comet many years ago and the guy told me that.

Kinda a warning sign right there. It needed everything, so I passed.

I understand your frustartion - been there too.
He drove it to me. I said, well if we make a deal, I'll have to come back when it's cold to see it cold start.

I just get a bad vibe when someone goes that much out of the way to "hide" something that will be evident as soon as the door is opened. My first reaction is what else is being hidden that isn't easily seen?
I could tell there was more going on than was explained just on how he was acting.

Cars, trucks, guns, houses, food - whatever it is, for ****'s sake, if you're going to slap an outrageous price on it, I want to be wowed.

Why the rant? Woke my wife and son up early for a 4 hour round trip to look at a truck. Seller swore up and down it's in beautiful condition, no blow by, no rust, no leaks, everything works.
I ****ing get there and guess what? Is it ****ing April fool's uno reverse day? *******ed truck was as incontinent as mammy with a bowl full of prunes. Smelled like it had been parked in big ol' Stacey Abrams fish locker. Was there rust? Enough for me to look up from under the truck and lock eyes with the seller....no words needed.

I thanked him for being a monumental waste of time and took my cash back to the bank.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but maybe people shouldn't be hauling their **** boxes out from their grave out yonder and being dishonest pricks before slapping a for sale sign on it and calling it "bettern' new"

That's it, that's my rant.

Hope y'all have a good Easter.
Come on down to my house.. jr left me something today… it’ll make you better or worse.. depends on how you take to it:rolleyes:

Happened to me a few years ago. When you ask for pictures of the interior and you get a picture of the dash?
When a seller sends pictures of the back seat and not the front then you can safely assume the front seat(s) are trashed. :dizzy:
I totally agree with this!

Back
Top Bottom