• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking for input - .22 bolt action rifle for kids

I've never been much of a CZ guy. I think I will go take another look at them after hearing several peoples opinions of them.
The CZ's are great rifles. I don't own any but I have shot a couple (a 455 and 512? autoloader) plenty accurate and good looking guns. Just be prepared for a bit of "sticker shock" when you price them.

The CZ's are great rifles. I don't own any but I have shot a couple (a 455 and 512? autoloader) plenty accurate and good looking guns. Just be prepared for a bit of "sticker shock" when you price them.

That may be an issue as I will be looking to buy 2 rifles. Any suggestions on a scope? I have not bought .22 glass in years. I was thinking about 100 bucks for a decent 4x wide view scope.

I just found this and like the 2x7 Cabelas brand.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...tk=AllProducts&WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU

That may be an issue as I will be looking to buy 2 rifles. Any suggestions on a scope? I have not bought .22 glass in years. I was thinking about 100 bucks for a decent 4x wide view scope.
Lots of choices at that price point. A fixed 4x is a good choice for plinking and squirrels but not as good for target shooting. Leapers/UTG is a pretty good line for inexpensive glass, not as good as Leupold or Nikon of course but a lot less expensive. Natchez has the Vortex crossfire on sale now for $109.

Lots of choices at that price point. A fixed 4x is a good choice for plinking and squirrels but not as good for target shooting. Leapers/UTG is a pretty good line for inexpensive glass....

A friend bought a Leapers UTG, 3x-9x with a 32mm front lens, and 1" body, for $80 online.
It came with a sun shade and scope rings and quick-detachable lever-activated mounts for a Weaver / Pickatinny base.

So far, it seems like a good scope for an AR rifle, shooting at 100 and 200 yards.

The fat front "bell" for the 32mm lens blocks some of your periphrial vision, limiting your field of view on things that are near, but not literally right next to, your target.

But it seems easy enough to use, has a good clear image in decent light (outdoors, even on a cloudy day near sunset), and is SHORT. That's a good thing for lever guns and compact carbines. It's a scope that looks appropriate on a light weight and handy rifle.

Back
Top Bottom