• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking for input - .22 bolt action rifle for kids

Ruger American Compact and the Weaver Rimfire Classic 4x for the win. Do the trigger spring mod and it will shoot MOA or better.

I agree with the CZ 455. I don't know how big your kids are but if a full size rifle is to long then buy the CZ Scout for about $369 each and when they get older you can order the CZ 455 American stock for about $120 each and drop in the Scout parts and have a full size carbine. Not to mention the CZ has one of the easiest adjustable stock trigger around. They will shoot that gun for many years to come.

I purchased a little semi-auto Marlin for my youngest son a couple years back. It has really been a great gun. Probably one of the most accurate guns at 50 yards I have seen. It was just under 200 bucks and was on sale for 169. They bought up the box and the rifle had a scope with it. They were supposed to have sold off all those rifles with scopes but it was the same model number so they had to sell me that one. I got the rifle and scope for 169. I thought I hit the lottery. It was for my sons Christmas so he got a two for one deal. That little Marlin is more fun to shot than my high powered rifles. We shoot potatoes at 50 yards and watch them explode. That rifle never misses at all. It's just the right fit for a small guy. It's a clip fed semi-auto so you don't run through 18 shots in 4 seconds. Marlin, Savage and Ruger make great plinker rifles. You can't go wrong with any of them. The Ruger in a wood stock would be a nice gun if you plan on keeping it for a while.

There is also a guy on here that has an older bolt action 22 mag for under 200 that was made in the 80's and has never been shot. that would be the gun to own. They don't make them like they use to. That's a fact.

There was a Winchester Model 69 on the sale list.

Classic American gun, that delivers target grade accuracy.

Not made for a scope, but with young eyes, they should have no problem hitting a 50 yard bull.

Back
Top Bottom