• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking Prices (Used Guns in ODT)

Been eyeing G26's. Plenty of guys wanting $550 for theirs with 1 mag. I've watched 4 sell in the last 2 weeks on gunbroker for less than $375.

Some people pay too much.
Just because you do an impulse buy and pay too much doesn't mean that it's worth what you paid for it.
I can buy handguns new within 12 miles of the house, for what most are asking for a used one 100 miles from the house.

If the item is priced somewhere around what I can buy it retail, I will go buy it retail, unless I cannot find it anywhere, or is it is no longer manufactured. Mostly I have had nothing but great deals on here. I am picky and choosy, and it isn't a good deal, I am just not interested.

Oh and your model 70's with the blind magazines that were sold at walmart in the late 90's and early 2000's before USRAC went bankrupt are not worth more than the 1972 to 1989 XTR's.

Just sayin'

Been eyeing G26's. Plenty of guys wanting $550 for theirs with 1 mag. I've watched 4 sell in the last 2 weeks on gunbroker for less than $375.
It is strange that people think a used gun should hold the same value as one found regularly at a LGS, pawn, or retail outlet. A used firearm should be sold for less than retail and I see most/many do sell them for the right price. If a store has a sale, then that's a below market price and could be equal to or less than the used gun here. I view ODT as a buying option, and a great place to trade or sell an item. All that said, the addiction to ODT is real. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It is strange that people think a used gun should hold the same value as one found regularly at a LGS, pawn, or retail outlet. A used firearm should be sold for less than retail and I see most/many do sell them for the right price. If a store has a sale, then that's a below market price and could be equal to or less than the used gun here. I view ODT as a buying option, and a great place to trade or sell an item. All that said, the addiction to ODT is real. :)

Not really this is the ODT, many are straight up and those passing through, craig listers, Fakebook, Armslist ect..Assume they can pull one over..I just laugh and call it pathetic..

Not really this is the ODT, many are straight up and those passing through, craig listers, Fakebook, Armslist ect..Assume they can pull one over..I just laugh and call it pathetic..
Of course you're right, but those people won't have many sells, or buys for that matter. They probably won't have much of a feedback here, so they are easy to spot.

Now some items should be competitive, older collectibles for example, hard to find, etc.

Of course you're right, but those people won't have many sells, or buys for that matter. They probably won't have much of a feedback here, so they are easy to spot.

Now some items should be competitive, older collectibles for example, hard to find, etc.

As long as they are "competitive" , not including the 200 dollar "cause it was mine tax"

As long as they are "competitive" , not including the 200 dollar "cause it was mine tax"
Well, if we're talking about the same thing, I'm referring to hard to find or rare items here, which are truly up to what the market will pay, hence the auction mentality and whoever wants it the worst. I've overpaid many times because I wanted it more than the other guy, so the gun is mine, and I have been fine with that. But again, I'm not talking about something that has 2 or more listings here or somewhere else, and easy to find.

Back
Top Bottom