• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Assistive Listening Device wanted

From what little I know it's not all about amplification. Loudness does not equal clarity. My suggestion would be to have a session with an audiologist. Maybe your doctor can refer you to one so you don't get caught in the "oversell" trap.

We had a family friend that had hearing loss that used something similar to this 5+ years ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077L26R9...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

I'm not sure how effective this is, but 1,200+ reviews seem to indicate it may work at least for the TV.

It looks like you were in the Military based on your profile, in regards to the portable hearing device, do you qualify for some kind of assistance through the VA or another program? Especially if hearing was affected during service. Looks like the Phonak Roger device mentioned above may be exactly what you're looking for.

Thank you for your service! Hope this helps.

I second the Roger. Several friends parents use them. First time I sat down to dinner I asked what they were, was told about them. Parents could hear everyone at the table.

Once people started wearing masks, and I could no longer read lips, I had to do something. I now have the Phonaks from Connect Hearing. Bluetooth, rechargeable, absolutely life changing.

Got Phonaks from the VA for severe tinitis. Got em 7-10 years back and their still running well.

I would wear them under my ear pro and listen to jazz while on static ranges using the Bluetooth option.

Now that I don't shoot anymore they have reduced the impact of severe tinitis enough to not notice at times.
Good kit.
Once people started wearing masks, and I could no longer read lips, I had to do something. I now have the Phonaks from Connect Hearing. Bluetooth, rechargeable, absolutely life changing.

Back
Top Bottom