• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Astra A75L 9mm

I've owned 1 (A75L) for over15 years, bought it new for around 275.00 and have shot several rounds thru it. I had a crisco can full of loose rounds, fmj, hp, all kinds and with help from a friend we sat down one day and ran evey round thru it without any problems. This pistol is very accurate and having the alloy frame is still very plesant to fire. Would be hard to find a better performer for money.

I purchased two Astra A75 L for CCW. Sadly, both lower receivers (lower frame) cracked. The first gun that broke I sent to EAA Corp. in Rockledge, FL. and they told me that they discontinued importing the weapon and did not have parts, so they replaced my Astra A75 L with a witness P Compact. When I opened the box and saw the Witness P it looked huge compared to my Astra. The size ratio was like comparing a Mini Cooper to a Ford F150 4x4 pickup truck with a lift kit and monster tires. The Witness has a 10 round mag. double stacked compared to the single stacked Astra A75 L.

Now that my second Astra A75 L fractured part of the lower rail last week and is at the shop in the Rockledge, FL I am assuming that they will replace it with a different weapon as well, unless they are shipping parts from Spain to the states again. As for the Witness P before trading it for a Sig, I did put 100 rounds through it and I was impressed with its accuracy, in fact, I had a person with me that had never fired a weapon before and was maintaining very tight groups. However, it was the size of the Witness P compared to my Astra A75 was what soured me.

Good luck
streetroc85350 and if you ever want extra mags for your weapon, I have three in great condition.

I purchased two Astra A75 L for CCW. Sadly, both lower receivers (lower frame) cracked. The first gun that broke I sent to EAA Corp. in Rockledge, FL. and they told me that they discontinued importing the weapon and did not have parts, so they replaced my Astra A75 L with a witness P Compact. When I opened the box and saw the Witness P it looked huge compared to my Astra. The size ratio was like comparing a Mini Cooper to a Ford F150 4x4 pickup truck with a lift kit and monster tires. The Witness has a 10 round mag. double stacked compared to the single stacked Astra A75 L.

Now that my second Astra A75 L fractured part of the lower rail last week and is at the shop in the Rockledge, FL I am assuming that they will replace it with a different weapon as well, unless they are shipping parts from Spain to the states again. As for the Witness P before trading it for a Sig, I did put 100 rounds through it and I was impressed with its accuracy, in fact, I had a person with me that had never fired a weapon before and was maintaining very tight groups. However, it was the size of the Witness P compared to my Astra A75 was what soured me.

Good luck
streetroc85350 and if you ever want extra mags for your weapon, I have three in great condition.

How did the frames crack? Were you running a lot of +P+ loads through them? Thats the first time I have ever heard of trouble from an Astra.

I'm a huge fan of mine, only 100 or so down the pipe as of now, but I like it so far. I stripped it down as soon as I got it and cleaned the hell out of it, and was pretty impressed with the quality and design. Its a heavy little bugger, but built like a tank.

IMAG0952.jpg
Yea, its missing the safety, didnt have it on it when I got it, and an obvious down side is that parts are hard to come by. If anyones got some parts laying around, I'd be interested in sweet talkin my way into some.

NGaHB

Here is a Astra A75 that a co-worker sent me a photo of a few years ago. He bought it because I would not sell him my Astra A75L.
www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_Astra_mag.jpg

Here is my old A75L 9mm. Eat up with surface rust on one side, likely from blood, as it had been a evidence gun before I bought it. My brother cleaned it up and sprayed the slide with high temp grill paint. The stuff works.
www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_DSCN2806.JPG

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_2astra.JPG

www.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_3astra.JPG

It was wide for a single stack pistol, wider than my S&W 469. It fit the same holsters as my S&W 469, 908, 3913 pistols. I got mags from Numrich. The only negative it had was the decocker was loud when operated.

Star and Astra pistols were fine guns; I owned a few Star PD's and Astra Constable's and liked them all. Lack of parts and factory support made me sell that A75L.

Last edited:
I had the A75 in .45 Auto. I really liked it. For the .45, the extra weight is fine. It very VERY reliable. I don't recall ever having any operational issues.

Back
Top Bottom