• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At the hospital awaiting my Son...Update Yes he's here w/pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife waited and by the time she decided she wanted it they told her it was to late.
Yep... gotta make that decision before the adrenaline kicks in because in short order... they're biting a leather strap and cursing that evil man that did that to them. :cool: God bless women. It's true... if men had babies... the species would be gone in one generation. :becky:

Don't ever say never to anesthesia. And no one should ever hold a laboring woman in disdain for wanting an epidural. I've placed too many that were just what was needed, and in some cases were literal life savers. Go natural if you can, but hold all judgement on Epidurals and c-sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

A quick story. 20 years ago It was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was walking my wife up and down the hospital hallway. She was due and walking was supposed to encourage the birthing process.
So I am trying to make things better and take her mind off the pain. So I am telling one joke after another. So this went on for a couple hours and I was running out of bad Jokes. I had run out of good jokes along time ago.

We finally went into full labor and delivered a healthy baby girl.

Two years later. I was parking the car at the same hospital and my wife was checking in at the same maternity ward, to have our last child. The nurse checking my wife in looked at her and said "Hey I remember you! how's your husband?"

My wife said she could have shot me. Apparently my "stand up routine" was memorable for the staff too.

Think about it, if you had to keep someone entertained. How many jokes could you tell? How many minutes could you go before you ran out of something funny to say, to help keep your wife's mind off the pain?

Our last child was with epidural. No pain, no walking up and down hallways, no bad jokes. A happy healthy boy.

I wish all three of you, a healthy happy life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom