• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At what point is a gun, by law, considered to be "pulled"

RexProcer

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
2   0
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll give a hypothetical to illustrate what I'm trying to ask. You're *somewhere*, and some dude, lets just say for arguments sake, slaps your girl on the ass (a la those two boxer dudes), and you say something to him, yall start arguing and it escalates. If the guy has a gun in his waist, at what point can you claim self defense/life in danger and actually unholster your own gun? When he flashes it in his wasitband, or when he actually unholsters it? I couldn't find anything related to this question so here I am. So yea, in this hypothetical at what point is your life considered, by law, in danger? Thanks!

I'm no lawyer but when he shows intent, or you can say you "have a reasonable fear for your life and safety". Remember it doesn't matter what the law says. It matters what the DA and the jury thinks. So, we are doing the OK Corral thing, and he reaches and you beat him to the draw, as long as he actually has a weapon, AND witnesses corroborate your version of events... you should be justified. It will still suck and be very expensive for you, but maybe you won't go to jail.

How about we all just get along?

Back
Top Bottom