• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF 2019 letter

007B0DE5-3E7D-4692-8052-425C9FB59FBF.png

They banned all pistols with braces last year. Not allowed on property.
Lol...they're just as bad as the stores that post no guns signs...they don't have the authority to ban anything that's legal. However they can ask you to leave, that's all.

I don't want them to regulate more than they should. My point was that everyone knew what the braces were about from day one. It's a glaring example of how stupid the NFA is,especially where ARs are concerned. What pisses me off is how they can just go back and change their minds and rulings on things.

My apologies, when you say this

I say they never should've approved the damn braces to begin

It kinda sounded like you wanted them to regulate beyond federal law. And I don't think they have changed their minds on braces, I think the OP is a little confused.

My apologies, when you say this

It kinda sounded like you wanted them to regulate beyond federal law. And I don't think they have changed their minds on braces, I think the OP is a little confused.
Possibly. I watched a YouTube video about the latest ruling and from what little I paid attention to it was about OAL and vertical grips. So I'm not 100% up to speed on this.
My point that I was trying to make was that the SBR part of the NFA is stupid. How long have AR pistols been around? Seems like about 93 or 94 when I saw the first ones. Given the Lego nature of ARs they had to see that this was coming way back when. But I'm rambling here. All I'm saying is pistol,rifle,carbine,SBR what's the damn difference? It should NOT be a federal crime to a stock on something as opposed to a brace. It won't shoot any different that way.

Possibly. I watched a YouTube video about the latest ruling and from what little I paid attention to it was about OAL and vertical grips. So I'm not 100% up to speed on this.
My point that I was trying to make was that the SBR part of the NFA is stupid. How long have AR pistols been around? Seems like about 93 or 94 when I saw the first ones. Given the Lego nature of ARs they had to see that this was coming way back when. But I'm rambling here. All I'm saying is pistol,rifle,carbine,SBR what's the damn difference? It should NOT be a federal crime to a stock on something as opposed to a brace. It won't shoot any different that way.
WAY TOO MUCH COMMON SENSE..........FAIL lol

Arm braces are not really arm braces that's bull****. That's a lie and we all know it's a lie . They're stocks, and you (and I) want one so you (we) can have an untaxed, unregistered, affordable short-barreled rifle.

ATF has (mostly) one along with our lies because they don't care --they know that a gun with a shoulder stock is not any deadlier than a gun with an arm brace that fits your shoulder very well and serves the role of a shoulder stock. There's no public safety benefit to strictly enforcing this STUPID provision of the NFA, regarding short-barreled rifles.

But let's face it -- in real life certainly pistol arm stabilization braces ARE stocks. Nobody uses them for holding the gun out at arms' length and not touching it to your cheek or shoulder like a stock.

AtF approved arm braces based on lies.
(Remember, The first one ATF ever approved was hyped as something that allows disabled war veterans to enjoy shooting their AR pattern pistols.)

Agreed, braces are workarounds for a law that shouldn’t exist to begin with.

the new ruling just means that you can still shoulder your brace, so long as you don’t have a vertical grip on it. The vertical grip seems to be the sticking point. If you have a brace, and want a vertical grip you have to register it as an AOW under the NFA. Don’t want to do that? Remove the vertical grip.

Back
Top Bottom