• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF changes their minds!

Specific to SB in the letter, does not include SIG/KAK/Etc, only SB profducts
http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ATF-letter.pdf

I'm going to disagree with this slightly as the ATF left their amendment open to interpretation. Sure, the reversal letter was to SB, but the ATF didn't clarify brands in their amendment. One thing is for certain though and isn't up for interpretation. That is that the stabilizer must be able to perform its original intent, i.e, still have the stabilizing straps on it, and not have been tailored to where the stabilizer is extended. The ATF is basically saying, "if the stabilizer is mounted as intended, and had not been modified in any way, then the stabilizer is too uncomfortable and awkward to shoot shoulder fired, therefore we won't consider it an SBR. But as soon as you try making it more comfortable for yourself to shoot, we're gonna have some issues."

They talked about configuration a whole lot, but not particular brands and models.

It looks like the ATF will have to eventually give up on enforcing and or splitting legal hairs on braces. I never owned or wanted one since it seemed like cheating to me. Maybe they will eventually give up on SBRs and suppressors with a little help from the house and senate.

Back
Top Bottom