• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Looking To Restrict Pistol Braces!

what kind of opticcis that? Do you like it?

Aimpoint comp M2 with flip caps and the rubber bumper coat- which is why it probably looks weird.
It's sitting in the Aimpoint low ring and on a B&T ultra low mount. It's like a 1/3 cowitness with the irons. The irons are definitely still usable

A Form 1 is like a marriage license while a brace is like dating a stripper. You can get out of one of these relationships a lot easier and cheaper than the other, and you get the same result out of both of them.

I'm probably going to Form 1 my Bren 2 pistol since it's been working so well. I can see holding onto it for a good long while.

However there's lots of guns that are fine with a brace, but that I'm not going to make that kind of monetary and legal commitment to.

So with millions of these out there, and with them being far more common than bump stocks ever were, what is the logistical reality that they would be banned? I mean, every manufacturer is now selling "pistols" of some sort in their AR product line...

They can't expect people to actually turn them in or SBR them all... That's just not practical...

I guess they could just say you can't touch it to your shoulder, but again, with like 5 million of these being out there, how do you enforce that? Do you throw people in jail for taking something that they legally own, because they HELD it a certain way? Would that even hold up in court if challenged?

If I took a revolver and held it to my shoulder, that doesn't make it a rifle. It means that I fired a revolver from my shoulder...

Serial rapist and murderer in prison: What are you in for?
Me: I didn't hold my gun the right way at the range. You?

They could revert to their stance pre-SIG brace, that anything but a naked buffer tube is a 'stock'. I think they allowed paracord or some other wrappings, but if you shouldered the tube it was supposed to be uncomfortable.

I could see that in a politically driven situation like we had with bump stocks, but I don't really see it happening otherwise.

Especially since it's hard to make the case that it would affect the function of the gun, like bumpstocks did with the rate of fire. Saying a brace somehow makes a gun 'more deadly' is a stretch even for the ATF. Plus, they already have egg on their faces from the bump stock reversal, I don't think they want another public shaming so soon.

They could revert to their stance pre-SIG brace, that anything but a naked buffer tube is a 'stock'. I think they allowed paracord or some other wrappings, but if you shouldered the tube it was supposed to be uncomfortable.

I could see that in a politically driven situation like we had with bump stocks, but I don't really see it happening otherwise.

Especially since it's hard to make the case that it would affect the function of the gun, like bumpstocks did with the rate of fire. Saying a brace somehow makes a gun 'more deadly' is a stretch even for the ATF. Plus, they already have egg on their faces from the bump stock reversal, I don't think they want another public shaming so soon.

Let's hope that egg stays put !

So with millions of these out there, and with them being far more common than bump stocks ever were, what is the logistical reality that they would be banned? I mean, every manufacturer is now selling "pistols" of some sort in their AR product line...

Same way they ban short barreled shotguns and rifles. Anyone with a hacksaw can make one, and there are a lot more shotguns and rifles around than arm braces. But unregistered short barreled guns have been effectively banned because there is a high compliance rate with any law, and most law abiding citizens don't want to take the risk of going to prison, no matter how remote.

If they make braces illegal, what are you going to do with yours? Take it out of the closet and fondle it every now and again?

And you know Creepy Joe is going to go after high cap magazines probably the first day. How many millions of those are around?

As for magazines I'd say BILLIONS! And for the arm braces I think 5 million is probably low-balling it. I don't think the ATF or the Feds can touch them Legally, until they can effectively do their damn jobs.

Here is an article that kinda lays out the premise of what I believe would need to be done to even consider reversing their stance on the whole brace thing. The ATF would need to be able to process SBR requests in a timely manner or simply allow the end user to possess it.
New Legislation Would Ensure 90 Day Suppressor Transfers

And I don't think the 2A crowd should be all that worried about Creepy Joe Winning and if he somehow does there's literally lines of fine Pro-Gun lawyers and firms that would be ready to take on the Federal Government. I feel a lot of it is coming to head in the next few years, SCOTUS can't just keep kicking the can down the road! When some of the pending cases are finally heard there could even be some turning back on current gun laws. But then again, these are just my opinions and hopes..
PAK9WIP02.jpg

Why would I pay a SBR tax that's half the cost of the gun? ($420 shipped) I $hit you not, I put a folding adapter, tube, and SBA3 on this PAK9 for $70!

As for magazines I'd say BILLIONS! And for the arm braces I think 5 million is probably low-balling it. I don't think the ATF or the Feds can touch them Legally, until they can effectively do their damn jobs.

Here is an article that kinda lays out the premise of what I believe would need to be done to even consider reversing their stance on the whole brace thing. The ATF would need to be able to process SBR requests in a timely manner or simply allow the end user to possess it.
New Legislation Would Ensure 90 Day Suppressor Transfers

And I don't think the 2A crowd should be all that worried about Creepy Joe Winning and if he somehow does there's literally lines of fine Pro-Gun lawyers and firms that would be ready to take on the Federal Government. I feel a lot of it is coming to head in the next few years, SCOTUS can't just keep kicking the can down the road! When some of the pending cases are finally heard there could even be some turning back on current gun laws. But then again, these are just my opinions and hopes..
View attachment 2759427
Why would I pay a SBR tax that's half the cost of the gun? ($420 shipped) I $hit you not, I put a folding adapter, tube, and SBA3 on this PAK9 for $70!
I'm proud for you that the folding adapter for the PAK9 is only $70 . No kiddin or sarcasm intended . EDIT: I hope your opinions are on par . :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom