• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF New requirement that ID include middle nam

The post on AR15 could be misleading. It was from a buyer that reported he was denied. The retailer reported that a new rule from the ATF came down 1 March.

I can see some logic in requiring that the middle name field is filled out, even if the value is "NMN" to ensure that the form isn't subsequently changed after submission. If you look in section 21, each of the lettered parts other than n2 needs ONE of the check boxes to be selected.

I suspect that this 'requirement' is simply to ensure that a 4473 is as fully completed as possible.

The post on AR15 could be misleading. It was from a buyer that reported he was denied. The retailer reported that a new rule from the ATF came down 1 March.

There were a number of changes to the 4473 in December 2022 (and all submissions must use this new version as of April 1, 2023) - Details here.

A couple of those new requirments could result in a denial.

I love those folks who have initials only for given names.

I had an uncle named "J.R.", which was exactly how it was on his birth certificate, Social Security Card, and Driver's License. Granny wanted to name him after one of her brothers; Granddaddy couldn't stand the man. "Initials" was the compromise.

It must've been hell for him getting drafted into the Army. They all insisted on him using his full name....

There were a number of changes to the 4473 in December 2022 (and all submissions must use this new version as of April 1, 2023) - Details here.

A couple of those new requirments could result in a denial.
I ordered the new forms several weeks ago and still haven't received them. It normally only takes days from order to delivery.

Back
Top Bottom