• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF official who analyzed bump stocks defends agency’s ruling

Agreed. Since almost any semi auto rifle can be modded to fire in bursts, the only way to control it would be to outlaw the manufacturing of semi autos or require a stamp just like the suppressor. The bump stock will be the first step. They took full autos and burst fire with a pen. The pen in mightier than the machine gun.
That’s what they did with the open bolts .

I gave up getting a sear so I dumped mine (with factory scope and mount) for $6,500. **** 'em and their $11,000 sears.
Man that whole market went to hell. The FNC use to be the cheapest sheen gun rifle out there . Heck now you can get an AC556 cheaper. I really want a FNC but the lack of parts availability forced me to let that dream die . I bought 2 macs instead

Man that whole market went to hell. The FNC use to be the cheapest sheen gun rifle out there . Heck now you can get an AC556 cheaper. I really want a FNC but the lack of parts availability forced me to let that dream die . I bought 2 macs instead
Used to be $2,200 for a semi, $2,500 to $3,500 for a sear and $500 for a conversion. Those days are long gone.

Used to be $2,200 for a semi, $2,500 to $3,500 for a sear and $500 for a conversion. Those days are long gone.
Yeah I never thought I’d pay $7k for a Mac but it happened . Then it happened again. I could sell my first two for a lot more than I paid for them. Unfortunately due to current events I don’t see NFA changing anytime soon so I’m comfortable with my choices .

Oh absolutely. It’s the thought police in action. Like the ban on open bolt firearms. They banned a concept because of one firearm being labeled “too easy to convert “ .

All the NFA needs is another amendment saying that transferable machine guns can no longer be transferred after a certain date . Then it’s all over with .
I wouldn't like it but who in hell can afford one. What are they going for 30 grand. Not exactly pocket change. It's not the law abiding citizens that have fully auto weapons anyway. I think we all know who has them. The criminals seem to get them easy enough. There is probably one used in a drive by shooting in gangland every day. I am sure they don't have a FFL license for that gun.

I wouldn't like it but who in hell can afford one. What are they going for 30 grand. Not exactly pocket change. It's not the law abiding citizens that have fully auto weapons anyway. I think we all know who has them. The criminals seem to get them easy enough. There is probably one used in a drive by shooting in gangland every day. I am sure they don't have a FFL license for that gun.
That would be incorrect . I don’t break any laws except traffic laws . I own 4 machine guns. All of which cost less than 10k a piece . 30K is nothing . Poor people spend more than that on a car . If you set a goal you can have anything . It’s all about priorities .

Also machine guns even illegal ones are very rarely used in crimes . Semi auto rifles are not used even half as much as the number one type of firearm used in crimes ..... handguns
Actually, semi-auto rifles are used in less than 3% of ALL crimes, including suicides.

Nice read. The only problem i fore see it the liberal interpretation of a "semi-auto" can be a "machine gun" also if practiced and manipulataed. It's going to be a slippery slope keeping our semi-auto's ans especially AR 15 and AKs down the road.

Next the left will make a push for a accounting of who owns these so called assault type weapon and will be eventually become the new class 3 category of weapons and or make it almost impossible for civilians to own machine guns. Every time some nut job attacks some group of civilians the rights taken away will be justified in the lefts eyes, and more amore rino’s will join them. We live in a period of time where we have a slight opportunity of keeping our second amendment rights, but it won't be easily one.

We have already gotten a look at that penned legislation. I had forgotten that the original 1934 NFA included pistols and revolvers but was stripped out of the bill in order to pass.

The legislation is there just waiting to be sprung on a naive and willful audience. As Soviet mentions, once classified as NFA a simple pen stroke amendment and no new manufacture of those types of weapons at a determined date.

It worked very well with allowing the government a near monopoly on class three new manufactured firearms.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2013/01/senator_feinsteins_constitutional_end-run.html

Back
Top Bottom