• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF pistol brace :(

I few broken windows and people mulling around in the capitol is not the equivalent of burning cities down and a sustained seige on Portland.

All the killing was done by the cops at the capital.

BLM and Antifa are communist proxies. It isn't a question.

I agree, Antifa are communists. BLM the organization is too. But you're not understanding the difference between that and the BLM Movement.

Over $30 million for a "few broken windows"...

You're right there is a difference between BLM protests and the Capitol attack. The difference is the people at the Capitol had zero evidence to support their anger. They had conspiracy theories and anger. And clearly none of them understand how the Electoral College works.

Ya'll ignore what has led up to the BLM protests. Decades of police brutality, a slanted justice system, ignored complaints against Officers, police targeting, and corruption. Yall are alright with violence and destruction when it applies to YOUR ideals, but it's wrong when it's someone else because you can't understand their position. Or you do and just don't care about their rights.

Here's the stats from DOJ from Nov 2020:

"11 Americans have been killed while participating in political demonstrations this year and another 14 have died in other incidents linked to political unrest. Nine of the people killed during protests were demonstrators taking part in Black Lives Matter protests. Two were conservatives killed after pro-Trump “patriot rallies”. All but one were killed by fellow citizens."

"ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, research has concluded."

"Individual perpetrators – some linked to hate groups like the KKK – have launched dozens of car-ramming attacks targeting demonstrations around the country."

Once again, you're not comprehending. BLM is an organization; which is not the same as the BLM movement. The vast majority of protests in 2020 had zero affiliation with the BLM organization. Antifa is a completely different group with separate ideals and goals. There's videos of BLM protestors confronting, and some stopping, Antifa people. There's even been police officers in plain clothes caught setting stuff on fire and breaking things. There were various 2020 protests which weren't about police brutality at all. Again, things none of you have even bothered to research. Probably because you could careless since it doesn't affect you. So you lump them all into one. A lot of incidents happened during protests, but that doesn't mean the person(s) involved were BLM protestors. 99% of people at those protests did nothing wrong but exercise their rights. The 1% are the criminals.

Let's just take what you say at face value for a few moments.

1. "The people at the Capitol had zero vidence to support their anger" - I think there were a number of causes, but there was pretty clear evidence on security cameras and in other evidence that there were many voting irregularites recorded during the presidential election. Some people take the process of electing representatives very seriously.

2. "What led up to the BLM protests" - black people have been shot on numerous occasions by police officers. The statistics demonstrate that the numbers - in proportion to arrests and imprisonments associated with violent crime - that african-americans are not disproportionately overrepresented in arrests or being treated with brutality by the police.

3. I'll set aside the selective sampling regarding deaths at demonstrations reported by the ACLED - let's talk about felonies committed and recorded ON FILM. Every single case of arson and vandalism perpetuated at protests - protests organized and often promoted by BLM and/or Antifa - had the potential to kill, maim or otherwise harm both the attendees, counteprotesters, bystanders and police. If you wish to only take into consideration the body count - well, I'm not sure where that leaves us. Other than observing that you're making a magnitude error here. two years of sporadic rioting across multiple locations in multiple cities causing hundreds of millions of dollars of damage to property vs a single incident.

4. The KKK. I dunno if you get out very much, but the KKK have almost zero representation in the US. To the extent that it's heard, it's a simpleminded slur for someone who may have on occasion used the N-word. Have some defendents been 'linked' with the KKK? I'm sure some have, but if you're citing their influence as being as significant as Antifa or BLM, then I'm not sure I can help you very much with yet another magnitude error.

5. BLM is an organization? Sure. Just like the loosely-associated groups of individuals who branded themselves as Antifa, that for a long time was painted as "an idea" by the politicians. Of course the two groups have different goals, but if you were in NYC as I was in 2020 when the first (peaceful) BLM marches would start every afternoon, and you were foolish enough to wait around until sundown, those marches, as they were dissipating, were infiltrated by a lot of people in balaclava helmets, often carrying items which could be used as weapons. at the very least, BLM was being used as political cover because they would provide no information that would allow the NYPD to position themselves to resist the mayhem that would ensue every night.

As time went on, BLM's protests (by BLM supporters) became less and less peaceful. One of the hallmarks of the 'protests' BLM staged further on into 2020 was an increasing amout of looting and arson, which can't be attributed wholly to Antifa.

I do want to confront your assertion that none of us have even bothered to research this. You're clearly wrong in that respect. While you can claim that BLM protests were "mostly peaceful", the statistics paint another story. Millions of dollars in damages. Dozens dead as a direct or indirect result of the lawlessness the BLM protests left in their wake. Hundreds of victims injured by arson, assault and mayhem. And yet we must not blame BLM for being mostly peaceful. What arrests for the criminal behavior have been undertaken have largely been handled by a swift and perfunctory aquittal.

Capitol "riot". Hundreds of individuals. One death (caused by a negligent law enforcement officer) and a few other law enforcement deaths in the subsequent days seemingly related to the mental health of the officers (which probably deserves some kind of scrutiny), minor damage to a federal building and a disproportionately large number of the attendees locked up for a very long time without due process.

BLM largely lost its moral high ground for me when David Dorn was shot in St. Louis while the pawn shop he was defending was looted, but overall, an activist 'civil rights movement' that acts as cover for looting and rioting as BLM did by June 2020 deserves little sympathy.

So, either a group such as BLM can be held morally responsible for the behavior of its adherents, or it can't. And if it can't, explain why the same doesn't apply to the numerous Jan 6 protestors who were equally innocent of any violence or vandalism who currently languish awaiting trial at the Department of Justice's pleasure.

Just to be clear - BLM has every right to challenge every single apparent injustice where an african-american appears to have been injured or killed in an interaction with law enforcement. What they don't have the right to do is promote and cultivate the criminality that we have seen for two years. In terms of magnitude of violence, destruction of property and social damage, their behavior far outstrips the damage done on January 6th, and yet - to informed observers - the response to the latter seems disturbingly disproportionate. And make no mistake - to the protesters from January 6th, the evidence they believe (rightly or wrongly) to have that the elections were not fair - is every bit as concerning to them, as the apparent heavyhandedness of law enforcement appears to BLM.

Let's just take what you say at face value for a few moments.

1. "The people at the Capitol had zero vidence to support their anger" - I think there were a number of causes, but there was pretty clear evidence on security cameras and in other evidence that there were many voting irregularites recorded during the presidential election. Some people take the process of electing representatives very seriously.

2. "What led up to the BLM protests" - black people have been shot on numerous occasions by police officers. The statistics demonstrate that the numbers - in proportion to arrests and imprisonments associated with violent crime - that african-americans are not disproportionately overrepresented in arrests or being treated with brutality by the police.

3. I'll set aside the selective sampling regarding deaths at demonstrations reported by the ACLED - let's talk about felonies committed and recorded ON FILM. Every single case of asron and vandalism perpetuated at protests - protests organized and often promoted by BLM and/or Antifa - had the potential to kill, maim or otherwise harm both the attendees, counteprotesters, bystanders and police. If you wish to only take into consideration the body count - well, I'm not sure where that leaves us. Other than observing that you're making a magnitude error here. two years of sporadic rioting across multiple locations in multiple cities causing millions of dollars of damage to property vs a single incident.

4. The KKK. I dunno if you get out very much, but the KKK have almost zero representation in the US. To the extent that it's heard, it's a simpleminded slur for someone who may have on occasion used the N-word. Have some defendents been 'linked' with the KKK? I'm sure some have, but if you're citing their influence as being as significant as Antifa or BLM, then I'm not sure I can help you very much with yet another magnitude error.

5. BLM is an organization? Sure. Just like the loosely-associated groups of individuals who branded themselves as Antifa, that for a long time was painted as "an idea" by the politicians. Of course the two groups have different goals, but if you were in NYC as I was in 2020 when the first (peaceful) BLM marches would start every afternoon, and you were foolish enough to wait around until sundown, those marches, as they were dissipating, were infiltrated by a lot of people in balaclava helmets, often carrying items which could be used as weapons. at the very least, BLM was being used as political cover because they would provide no information that would allow the NYPD to position themselves to resist the mayhem that would ensue every night.

As time went on, BLM's protests (by BLM supporters) became less and less peaceful. One of the hallmarks of the 'protests' BLM staged further on into 2020 was an increasing amout of looting and arson, which can't be attributed wholly to Antifa.

I do want to confront your assertion that none of us have even bothered to research this. You're clearly wrong in that respect. While you can claim that BLM protests were "mostly peaceful", the statistics paint another story. Millions of dollars in damages. Dozens dead as a direct or indirect result of the lawlessness the BLM protests left in their wake. Hundreds of victims injured by arson, assault and mayhem. And yet we must not blame BLM for being mostly peaceful. What arrests for the criminal behavior have been undertaken have largely been handled by a swift and perfunctory aquittal.

Capitol "riot". Hundreds of individuals. One death (caused by a negligent law enforcement officer) and a few other law enforcement deaths in the subsequent days seemingly related to the mental health of the officers (which probably deserves some kind of scrutiny), minor damage to a federal building and a disproportionately large number of the attendees locked up for a very long time without due process.

BLM largely lost its moral high ground for me when David Dorn was shot in St. Louis while the pawn shop he was defending was looted, but overall, an activist 'civil rights movement' that acts as cover for looting and rioting as BLM did by June 2020 deserves little sympathy.

So, either a group such as BLM can be held morally responsible for the behavior of its adherents, or it can't. And if it can't, explain why the same doesn't apply to the numerous Jan 6 protestors who were equally innocent of any violence or vandalism who currently languish awaiting trial at the Department of Justice's pleasure.

Just to be clear - BLM has every right to challenge every single apparent injustice where an african-american appears to have been injured or killed in an interaction with law enforcement. What they don't have the right to do is promote and cultivate the criminality that we have seen for two years. In terms of magnitude of violence, destruction of property and social damage, their behavior far outstrips the damage done on January 6th, and yet - to informed observers - the response to the latter seems disturbingly disproportionate. And make no mistake - to the protesters from January 6th, the evidence they believe (rightly or wrongly) to have that the elections was not fair - is every bit as concerning to them, as the apparent heavyhandedness of law enforcement appears to BLM.

1. What voting irregularities? I’ve heard a lot of people claiming that but no proof. The only people arrested trying to use fake ballots, were Trump supporters. Trump himself named 2 people his team found to have illegally voted. One he said was dead, which was proven he wasn't. The other was an elderly widow that always voted under her husbands name; which is legal. And the Electoral College elects the President, not our votes. Biden had 7 million more votes. Ya'll are suggesting that all those votes were fake? Lets be real here. Trump's team conducted an investigation and provided zero proof. The head of DHS was appointed by Trump and was in charge over overseeing the security of the voting process. How is it that liberals were able to "steal" an election when Trump's own people were in control over the security of it?

2. Statistics show police target minority areas a lot more, Judges sentence minorities more severely, and minorities are more likely to be killed by police. I've researched videos, police reports, and looked at month DOJ reports. It is very much disproportionate. I can post several studies on the matter.

3. 2 years of protests caused damage that has been tallied at roughly $1Billion. Yet over $30 million was caused in one single day. That's 1/3! Hardly “minor damage”. That's very significant.

4. Where did you get that? They hold an annual rally of 30k-50k members. And there were tens of thousands at Trump Rally’s all during 2020-2021. Carrying nooses, waving KKK flags, wearing swastikas, and all sorts of bs. I’ve run into KKK members over the years. I’ve seen their rallies here in Ga.

5. BLM is a Europe based organization. BLM the movement has no affiliation. To say BLM is somewhat responsible, means there has to be an organization to lay the blame on. BLM the movement is comprised of thousands of individual groups; none of which are the BLM organization.

What statistics paint it a different way? Statistics from right wing media? I look at stats from various sources and compare. DOJ stats have the most centralized data. If anyone thinks right wing extremist websites are all correct, but left wing sources are all lies, they are bias.

I agree with you. I said earlier that there’s always that 1% that causes issues and gets highlighted. I said Jan 6th was the same as BLM in that regard. The majority of people didn’t go there to harm anyone, but some of them did and acted on it. And that’s the problem, people will look at Jan 6th that way but then condemn BLM protests. They can’t separate the 1% from the rest. Look at it this way; if you and 4 buddies are driving around, you get pulled over, and 1 pulls a gun and kills a cop, are you all to blame? No. Both Jan 6th and BLM are the same way. There’s always criminals going to take advantage and that paints the entire situation in a negative light. But let’s be realistic, Jan 6th was an attempted coup. Any attempt to overthrow the democratic process is a coup. In fact, it’s terroristic. The same can be said about BLM protests that turned violent. The difference between them is BLM protestors ideals aren’t political, they’re institutional.

To say BLM lost moral high ground over that man being shot, implies that BLM as a whole somehow had something to do with it. The pawn shop was being robbed by thugs; they were not part of any BLM group. So to say that is to lump everyone into the same group.

So this pistol brace stuff is BS huh?

I wonder what they’re going to go after next.

Everyone should just say Fk the fed bois and do what they want. No braces huh? Well, put a stock on. In the history of the ATF, it’s extremely rare that anyone has ever been solely charged & convicted with violating any ATF “rules”. Every case that has ATF charges, stems from larger charges such as drug trafficking or weapons trafficking.

Like suppressors; there’s only been a handful of cases in which someone was charged with unlawfully possessing a suppressor. And those were just additional charges subsequent to major charges. There’s no evidence that suppressor are used in crimes. So making “rules” that prohibit them should be unconstitutional.

If they are allowed to go through with it, I would imagine that the pistol brace market would go belly up overnight. People who comply and the ones who give them the middle finger will both have actual stocks on their "pistols".

Of course, repealing the NFA would save us all a lot of trouble, but I'm not even the least little bit optimistic that that's going to happen.

I agree, Antifa are communists. BLM the organization is too. But you're not understanding the difference between that and the BLM Movement.

Over $30 million for a "few broken windows"...

Did you read the article? By reading the article, do you think the repairs cost 30 million?

The big damage was caused by pepper spray and fire extinguishers per the article.

That money is for security and defensive systems almost exclusively. They are lying again. If they had $100k in damage I would be surprised. The first sentence in the article says that the money is also for related security. Please look with your eyes and see how the media is manipulating you. They are telling you there is so much damage, yet they really don't back up that claim at all. Do you see the damage adding up to $30 million? Is there a part of the Capital that was black with fire? Was there a collapsed structure? There was not. $30 million is a lot of money. Think.

Does this sound like $30 million in repairs?
"
"The [inauguration] platform was wrecked. There was broken glass and other debris. Sound systems and photography equipment was damaged beyond repair or stolen. Two historic Olmsted lanterns were ripped from the ground, and the wet blue paint was tracked all over the historic stone balustrades and Capitol building hallways."

In the Capitol building complex, historical statues, murals and furniture were damaged, mainly from pepper spray accretions and residue from chemical irritants and fire extinguishers, requiring expert cleaning and conservation. Work crews covered gaping holes with plywood and cleared "a small mountain of debris left behind on the west and east fronts," Blanton said."

Small mountain of debris = trash - these people lie and manipulate words with half truths to stoke an emotional reaction.

Do we call the aftermath of a concert a mountain of debris? No it is trash cleanup. It takes a couple of hours.

This whole article is an insult to truth. The Brian Sicknick reference is a complete lie. The guy had a stroke and died, he was not injured.

Think...

I feel anyone who does something out of hate to harm someone else is a criminal. Especially when the person(s) they harm are innocent. There’s no reason to harm anyone, just because of a difference of opinion or experience.

Not everyone at the Jan 6th riot had express intent to commit criminal acts. Some people showed up in protest, and that’s their right. But some people showed up with the intent of committing crimes and did. And I’m sure most people here would agree. Yet those same people refuse to view BLM protests the same way. If anyone is ok with what happened Jan 6th, then they shouldn’t be condemning BLM people for standing up either.

How is trying to subvert the govt, attempting to lynch politicians, destroying property, and getting people killed, any more acceptable than BLM riots?

The same people in here saying BLM is wrong for Defund the Police, turned around on Jan 6th and said **** the police.
just gonna share
Jan 6th.
protest went sideways and a few bad actors started a mob run. the only one killed was a un-armed girl. she dies by wrongfully trying to get thru a locked door. no one claimed she was a "goot boy" and put up baby pics of her. the people from Jan 6th are being hunted and prosecuted.
BLM
planned acts of violence that led to more death and destruction. BLM burned people's businesses,destroyed cop cars,and even tried to burn alive cops in a police station. but its not a problem because they have never been as violent as the Jan 6th crowd...(sarcasm)
so support who you want. thats your right. but dont compare a organized crime hate group to a bunch of people who started peaceful and got stupid..

remember
Jan 6th is important because Americans got mad and touched their masters. the only things they destroyed,are things they owned part of. it was wrong,but its like punching your windshield. its stupid,but its yours.
BLM destroys things people worked hard for and killed people for the fun of it..
dont compare a violent animal mob with a bunch of dumb@$$es...dumb@$$ is usually temporary,violent is full time..

Ty for supporting with context. No source, but at least context. My grandmother being a survivor and knowing her story (I don't expect anyone to know), I can say she and her lost family were rounded up unwilling and they did not "comply" in a sense, they ran, they hid, most of them died, she got out. Seeing the image may have struck a nerve due to the extreme nature of comparison.
i think his point is...they complied with laws that later gave them only a run and hide option. i dont think he was saying that people did not fight back,just that the fight was rigged in advance...

it sure wound be fun to take all the braces to the ATF headquarters and make a barricade out of them. just seal up the front door with them. sure they could still get out. but it would be fun to make them use the backdoor. after all thats how they treat gun rules,not laws.
funny they never change the definition of a beer or a pack of cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom