• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

I read it as: If you put the brace to your shoulder then you would be breaking the law, If you use it as inteded to stablize using your arm then you should be good to go.

1673640899882.png

In California, they have existing laws similar to today's ATF ruling and those in possession simply have to separate the lower from the upper to be in compliance. An upper is simply a firearm component (as of now).
Of course, there is always more to this story and it will all be evolving thru the courts.

That might be the question or the week right there.
I think I found the answer

The NPRM explained that the proposed criteria and worksheet did not apply to firearms commonly referred to as “pistol grip shotguns,” as they were never designed to beheldandfiredusingonehand(e.g.,MossbergShockwave,RemingtonTac-14).72 See also 86 FR at 30828–29.
As discussed in section II.B of this preamble, these firearms are specifically designed to be fired with two hands. ATF has always classified these weapons as “firearms” under the GCA, and not as “shotguns,” because they do not incorporate a shoulder stock and are not designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder like a shotgun. NorhasATFclassifiedtheseweaponsas“pistols,”astheyarenotdesignedto be held and fired in one hand like a pistol. Thus, the addition of a “stabilizing brace” does not assist with single-handed firing, but instead provides surface area that allows for firing from the shoulder. Therefore, a “pistol grip shotgun” equipped with a “stabilizing brace” and a barrel of less than 18 inches is an NFA “firearm,” i.e., a short-barreled shotgun.73

Its 120 days after its entered in the federal resister, I don't think anyone knows when that official date is. I'm thinking there might be more than a few gun dealers that might liquidate their stock of pistols rather than deal with having that inventory tied up waiting for registration.

Okay y'all KNOW this **** is headed for Federal Court. Only question is what to do in the meantime. I can slide the brace off the two short ARs I have but my Extar EP9 came FROM THE FACTORY with an SB Tactical brace on a proprietary tube that's gonna be a real bitch to remove.
But the worst part of all of this is...I don't own one single brace that those sorry cocksuckers didn't examine and APPROVE beforehand.
Hey hey hey, capitalize Cocksuckers

Back
Top Bottom