• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Just saw the best ad. a braced pistol that MUST be transferred through a FFL. What FFL is going to do that right now?
I guess partial credit for attempting to follow the current rules? Even if an FFL wanted to do that, there isn't any way they could. Only the individual who was in possession of the braced pistol on Jan 31st can apply for the "amnesty" form 1, then when the stamp is eventually approved, they can transfer it on a form 4 with the buyer paying the $200 fee for that and waiting around for 6 months or whatever for that to get approved...
Just take the brace off and sell it as a pistol.

*tinfoil on* how many of these new members with braced pistol listings are really AFT? *tinfoil off*
Probably more likely just people who either didn't know there was an issue yet, or heard there was an issue brewing and are trying to get rid of them without realizing that isn't an option without removing the brace.

*tinfoil on* though it does seem odd that once taken down they don't all repost the same item but without the brace. I pm'd a guy the other day about the braced APC9 he had for sale asking how much he wanted without the brace, and he responded "come as is". I let him know that was a no-go for me and later all three of his braced pistol adds were gone but not relisted without the braces. *tinfoil off*

Back
Top Bottom