• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

spencer60 spencer60
How about let Okuma and his staff worry about it? Ever since it was announced, you have been spouting off about all kinds of nonsense, a lot of which you were incorrect on until it was published. If you are not a lawyer, an ATF agent, or an owner of this website - sit down, shut up, and mind your own business. After your "a-hole" post - we get it, you don't like braces or people posting them. Let the staff of this website handle it and take you a break, you've been posting comments since it was announced and it was posted the the DOJ website.

f17241006798e6573a33de82a0dfc891.gif

I don't know for sure, but I think an operation that has been successfully navigating the internet forum business model for 13 years doesn't really need amateurs giving them advice. They probably have lawyers on retainer. Not to mention a number of mods that probably have their finger on the pulse of the industry. Plus, I expect people that really give a damn take time to PM the mods or the owners to offer suggestions rather than pontificate ad infinitum.

View attachment 5298924

C86B07CF-A45F-41D6-9125-D567205368F2.gif

Hey, ultimately it's the owners call... I'm not disputing that at all. I'd hate to see this forum shut down because of some stupid, avoidable mistake but that's not in my control.

As far as I'm aware this is still America though, and I have as much right to my opinion as anyone else here. If it bothers some folks so much they can put me on ignore. Otherwise I'll keep speaking my mind.

Hey, ultimately it's the owners call... I'm not disputing that at all. I'd hate to see this forum shut down because of some stupid, avoidable mistake but that's not in my control.

As far as I'm aware this is still America though, and I have as much right to my opinion as anyone else here. If it bothers some folks so much they can put me on ignore. Otherwise I'll keep speaking my mind.

Dont worry the site is covered. The seller and buyer would be the only ones having legal issues

Terms of Service​

By using this website I certify that:
I am 18 years of age or older.
I understand that The Outdoors Trader DOES NOT become involved in transactions between parties and does not certify, investigate, or in any way guarantee the legal capacity of any party to transact.
I am responsible for obeying all applicable enforcement mechanisms, including, but not limited to federal, state, municipal, and tribal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and judicial decisions, including compliance with all applicable licensing requirements.
I will not use TheOutdoorsTrader.com for any illegal purpose.
If I am at all unsure about firearm sales or transfers, I will contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives at 1-800-ATF-GUNS and visit the ATF website at http://www.atf.gov.
I will help to ensure the overall openness and accessibility of the site to all users through a peer-review process. I understand that failure to adhere to proper internet protocol and etiquette may result in removal of my posts or more severe corrective action.
The Outdoors Trader may access, edit, or remove all content and information, including my posts of all types, from the site without notice.
If I violate these terms, The Outdoors Trader may permanently remove me from the site or, depending on the nature and severity of the violation, avail itself of such remedies as are prescribed by law. The Outdoors Trader will comply with federal, state, municipal, and tribal law enforcement entities pursuant to the Constitution of the United States and Due Process of Law.
I take responsibility for my actions whilst using TheOutdoorsTrader.com. I also take responsibility for any and all of my actions related to, or resulting from, my use of TheOutdoorsTrader.com. Further, I am solely responsible for any and all consequences of such my actions.
I indemnify and hold harmless The Outdoors Trader and all of its owners, directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and all loss, harm, damage, costs, liability, and expense caused to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by my use of TheOutdoorsTrader.com, including but not limited to direct or indirect results of violations of any and all applicable laws.
The Outdoors Trader may make changes to these terms at any time without notifying me. As a user, I am solely responsible for reading the most current version of the terms and conditions.
By using The Outdoors Trader website in any capacity, I agree to the above terms and further certify that I have read, and completely agree, to be legally bound by The Outdoors Trader Terms of Use.

I don't know for sure, but I think an operation that has been successfully navigating the internet forum business model for 13 years doesn't really need amateurs giving them advice. They probably have lawyers on retainer. Not to mention a number of mods that probably have their finger on the pulse of the industry. Plus, I expect people that really give a damn take time to PM the mods or the owners to offer suggestions rather than pontificate ad infinitum.

View attachment 5298924
If anyone posts on an open forum, admin included, information which they believe to be accurate but could in fact trip them or other forum members up, it might be nice for someone who happens to have already looked up the accurate information from the source( amateur or otherwise), to speak up. Anyone is perfectly free to ignore any facts or information they aren't interested in. But those people don't get to speak for everyone else who may be reading a post, potentially actually looking for information.

If anyone posts on an open forum, admin included, information which they believe to be accurate but could in fact trip them or other forum members up, it might be nice for someone who happens to have already looked up the accurate information from the source( amateur or otherwise), to speak up. Anyone is perfectly free to ignore any facts or information they aren't interested in. But those people don't get to speak for everyone else who may be reading a post, potentially actually looking for information.
I did not offer any legal advice. I only stated that we do not get involved in transactions. Okuma may well ban all sales of braces on this site, he may also only ban if they’re attached to pistols. I don’t know how he will decide, the legal experts across the country, cannot come to a consensus.
Until Okuma makes a decision. We are all only speculating as to what happen will happen going forward.

There is also a difference when you give your opinion versus when you give your opinion over and over where you think that it's what the law/rule/bull crap says. You keep giving info that IN YOUR OPINION is the actual rule, when it's not. You keep bashing people over the head trying to argue that what you are posting is accurate, when you have been corrected many times. That's the difference.

There is also a difference when you give your opinion versus when you give your opinion over and over where you think that it's what the law/rule/bull crap says. You keep giving info that IN YOUR OPINION is the actual rule, when it's not. You keep bashing people over the head trying to argue that what you are posting is accurate, when you have been corrected many times. That's the difference.

All any of us can do is give our opinion on it since it hasn't been thrashed out in court.

As for the rule, it says what it says. I can't say I've read all 273 pages closely but I did read it end-to-end when it first came out and I've gone back as various things came to light over the past few weeks.

If you are tired of me stating what I think about this rule then fell free to put me on ignore. I'm not the one having a hissy fit because someone on the forum actually wants to discuss this issue.

And as for being corrected, as far as I remember I was wrong on when it would become effective, thinking it was when it was signed rather then when it was published in the FR.

My bad and I admitted it when I found out that I was wrong. If you have other correction please let me know and I'll be happy to take a look at them.

Back
Top Bottom