• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

All any of us can do is give our opinion on it since it hasn't been thrashed out in court.

As for the rule, it says what it says. I can't say I've read all 273 pages closely but I did read it end-to-end when it first came out and I've gone back as various things came to light over the past few weeks.

If you are tired of me stating what I think about this rule then fell free to put me on ignore. I'm not the one having a hissy fit because someone on the forum actually wants to discuss this issue.

And as for being corrected, as far as I remember I was wrong on when it would become effective, thinking it was when it was signed rather then when it was published in the FR.

My bad and I admitted it when I found out that I was wrong. If you have other correction please let me know and I'll be happy to take a look at them.

You posted on page 79 twice that the publishing date was one 12/31 - it was literally 2 days ago - Jan 31st and thus we have till May 31st should we choose to comply with any of the five options. Once I can overlook, twice is negligence. You were corrected multiple times before hand and still continue to post wrong time lines. You have argued and at one point insulted another user because he was attempting to correct you as you assumed that it was the original date of the DOJ posting and kept watching Youtube.

Dealer to dealer is a Form 3. If you've been researching this as much as you say, this should be easy.

As for people who are listing their pistols on here as SBRs already - you are correct when you say that need to be registered before taken to a dealer, to make this simple : Form 1 -> Form 4 to the dealer handling a transfer and $200 (stores won't pay it, good luck with that) -> Form 4 again to individual wanting to buy it. Mostly posting this as I keep seeing people saying they will meet them at a dealer for the transfer. It has to be registered first.

Big thing - stop telling others want to do with personally owned items - that's the thing a lot of users are tired of seeing, and now you're stating what the owners of ODT should do. What they do is their business.

As far as the discussion goes, it's been had, and continues to be had. We don't need people on here still spreading incorrect information. At this point, let Okuma run the site, and let it play out it court. Continued speculation helps no one.

And on the hissy fit part...Really??
1675383412300.png

Dealer to dealer is a Form 3. If you've been researching this as much as you say, this should be easy.

As for people who are listing their pistols on here as SBRs already - you are correct when you say that need to be registered before taken to a dealer, to make this simple : Form 1 -> Form 4 to the dealer handling a transfer and $200 (stores won't pay it, good luck with that) -> Form 4 again to individual wanting to buy it. Mostly posting this as I keep seeing people saying they will meet them at a dealer for the transfer. It has to be registered first.
Form 1, then form 4 to the next individual. no need for a dealer in between.

Form 1, then form 4 to the next individual. no need for a dealer in between.
Correct - keep seeing posts with people wanting to meet at dealers.

Edit - this is info that you would be surprised how many people don't know. I see it about weekly, and probably going to see it daily with the pistol brace stuff. I've had several guns brought to me already asking if I would register the guns for them.

Correct - keep seeing posts with people wanting to meet at dealers.

Edit - this is info that you would be surprised how many people don't know. I see it about weekly, and probably going to see it daily with the pistol brace stuff. I've had several guns brought to me already asking if I would register the guns for them.
gonna be a lot of that. Would have loved the free tax stamps...but I registered SBRs over the past few years. glad I don't have to deal with the wait now. I REALLY hope they keep paid form 1 and free form 1 separate. But that isn't gonna happen. what is the over/under on the "new" form1 wait time in say...2 months from now?

I'm willing to bet that the wait times increase to at least 4 months plus. We have already done fingerprints and photos for individuals who are wishing to register. 3-4 maybe? Low turnout so far but it's also only been two days not including the people who wanted to register them before the 120. The major issue is dealers who choose to convert that inventory - places like adventure outdoors (not saying they will, but an example) - sweet baby Jesus...

Back
Top Bottom