• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

1) I already admitted I was wrong about the rule date. We've all learned more than we ever wanted to know about the rule making process in the last few weeks.

2) I didn't insult that user until he had already gone down that road. Both those posts seem to be gone now, but the post where I apologized to him is still up there.

3) I didn't care what the form number is. That should have been plain by the () and question mark. It wasn't relevant to the point.

4) I have never tried to tell anyone what to do with their items. I never tried to say what ODT should do with the site. Their stuff, their choice. Discussing it isn't telling people what to do.

5) I agree about the incorrect information part, but except for the date thing, I don't think I've contributed to that.

6) I still stand behind my feelings on the thread you screen-grabbed. I know, "Buyer Beware" and all that, but that's still my thoughts.

Again, if my posts bother you so much feel free to put me on ignore and I'll magically go away. I personally would rather have discussions about the rule (and a bunch of other topics) than get into personal vendettas here.

That was a thoughtful post.

I did not offer any legal advice. I only stated that we do not get involved in transactions. Okuma may well ban all sales of braces on this site, he may also only ban if they’re attached to pistols. I don’t know how he will decide, the legal experts across the country, cannot come to a consensus.
Until Okuma makes a decision. We are all only speculating as to what happen will happen going forward.
If he banned the sale of braces and braced pistols at least until the legal smoke clears I wouldn't see it as a bad idea. That just falls into the common sense column. When you see an electric fence you walk around it. You don't piss on it.

Hey, ultimately it's the owners call... I'm not disputing that at all. I'd hate to see this forum shut down because of some stupid, avoidable mistake but that's not in my control.
Yet you keep offering your "opinion" about what others should. A lot. Sit back, and let the staff handle it their way. You said it best - it's not in your control.

As far as number 3 goes, if you're going to pretend to be an expert, at least attempt to give relevant info.

You started those vendettas or people speaking against you by non-stop posting on this matter and starting that thread when legally they could still sell them. FFL holders were still selling them up to that point. You made your intentions known with the first post of that. We get it. You can sit down now.

We've had the discussions, and you continue to drag on.

And as far as ignore buttons goes - I reserve that for people who screw me on deals only.

If he banned the sale of braces and braced pistols at least until the legal smoke clears I wouldn't see it as a bad idea. That just falls into the common sense column. When you see an electric fence you walk around it. You don't piss on it.
He doesn't have to ban the sale of braces alone as this rule openly admits they can't regulate accessories. It's only when it's on the gun. How they choose to proceed however is their business. That's where the confusion keeps coming from as we have too many people with conflicting "opinions" about what it says.

Nothin' like a "rule" change to make the ODT fold in on itself. Instead of uniting and sharing a common sentiment, we get bitching and complaining. You'd be more likely to witness that behavior in a hair salon than a forum of wise, grounded gentlem...... hahahahahaha who am I kidding? This is exactly what's expected. This is exactly what they want.

Very well worth the 15 minutes or so to watch it. Explains a lot of the reasons for why SBR SBS are on the NFA in the first place and to my mind what we should be trying to do, which is lobby our congress critters to have them removed from the NFA, if not abolish the NFA altogether.

Nothin' like a "rule" change to make the ODT fold in on itself. Instead of uniting and sharing a common sentiment, we get bitching and complaining. You'd be more likely to witness that behavior in a hair salon than a forum of wise, grounded gentlem...... hahahahahaha who am I kidding? This is exactly what's expected. This is exactly what they want.

I’m about to bitch…why do you keep changing your name and avatar? Is it to keep us on our toes?

Great work, detective Whisper. You got me all figured out.
I get bored with my persona. As I mentioned in another thread, it’s my annual changing of the underwear.
1675449374687.gif

Best Regards,
Molotov Ginger Trigger

Back
Top Bottom