• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

I’ve gotten a few PM’s about the short buffer set up. It’s made by Tacfire. Here’s a few more pics of the shorty buffer set up. I put on my PSA Marauder upper today to try that out. No issues at all.
The buffer system is obviously different than the normal set up. You have to unscrew the rear and remove the buffer assembly and insert before putting the upper on and taking it off. To store it without the upper, seems like it’s easiest to rest the insert against the hammer, making sure the safety is on so you don’t accidentally pull the trigger and launch the insert somewhere inevitably hidden.
D7E1C9AB-9706-4562-ACB2-5CAD6EE216DC.gif
34F43CD0-9273-4BA8-B713-06ADD73C0EE4.jpeg
DEDF9DD5-382C-4371-9E87-E37343689933.jpeg
19672B3F-772E-4FBF-84D3-7CD041B7C04F.jpeg

I’ve gotten a few PM’s about the short buffer set up. It’s made by Tacfire. Here’s a few more pics of the shorty buffer set up. I put on my PSA Marauder upper today to try that out. No issues at all.
The buffer system is obviously different than the normal set up. You have to unscrew the rear and remove the buffer assembly and insert before putting the upper on and taking it off. To store it without the upper, seems like it’s easiest to rest the insert against the hammer, making sure the safety is on so you don’t accidentally pull the trigger and launch the insert somewhere inevitably hidden.
View attachment 5308653View attachment 5308621View attachment 5308618View attachment 5308620
what is the length barrel on that weapon?

Depending on reliability and durability, bufferless BCGs may soon become a popular item.

https://www.lawtactical.com/ar_internal_carrier_ARIC_p/99367.htm

View attachment 5308760

Ooh, Ooh. Need one of those for my Law folder equipped carbine.
View attachment 5308811

This guy has good, honest reviews.

$400 for this or less than $100 for the one I used in a configuration I’m not thrilled about - I’d rather save that extra $300.

Response from my Congressman on the matter:

Dear Mr. JERK,

Thank you for reaching out with your views on the ATF’s recent changes in policy toward AR style pistols. As your representative to the U.S. government, it is very important for me to know your thoughts on issues such as this.

As you may know, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) recently announced its intention to change its interpretation of the National Firearms Act with regards to AR and AK style pistols. This change is ultimately shortsighted taxpayer extortion in that it has the potential to impose burdensome filing costs on millions of existing owners of such firearms, and the businesses that manufacture parts for them, on the threat of felony prosecution under the National Firearms Act (NFA). This change in regulatory policy came without warning and was initially only released to a select few business owners without informing the general public. I believe this shift in policy is an infringement on the right to bear arms protected by the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. It also has the indirect consequence of creating a mass-firearm registry for millions of law-abiding Americans, which has long been deemed unconstitutional, aside from when required under the NFA. I believe federal agencies should seek to uphold the Constitution, not actively try to subvert it, legislating without accountability.

To address this infringement of our Second Amendment rights, I recently sent a letter with my Republican colleagues to the Department of Justice and the ATF demanding they continue to cooperate with third party processors in order to ease the consumer burden of applying for NFA registration. Please be assured, I will continue to defend the Second Amendment should further legislation on this matter come before the House for a vote.

Again, thank you for taking time to contact me about this important issue.

Sincerely,
Barry Loudermilk Signature

Barry Loudermilk
Member of Congress​

Not very confident he’ll push the ATF on this.

Back
Top Bottom