• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF wait times, help me understand this BULLS***

So help me understand this. Filing electronically now magically gets you a couple month wait time, right? Even when other people have been waiting 10-12 months it seems those new applications jump to the front of the line. I know for a fact the old method doesn't slow anything down because they cashed my check in 2 weeks. Nothing makes sense with this out of control ATF and they're not held accountable for anything. The gun you buy to mate with a can is a year old, the can is a year old. Nothing in this USA makes any sense any longer. Vent over.... Has anyone electronically filed and been approved quickly. Does that allow you to jump ahead of everyone else?

Thanks
Mine only took 6months

I’ve been waiting since September and as a retired Federal employee I know better than to try and make sense of the way ANY government operates. Hurry up and wait is the theme of the day and don’t forget the US government motto “We’re not happy until you’re not happy”.
Don’t forget “if it ain’t broke, fix it until it is”

I called yesterday about my last one as I was almost at 1 year from check cashed. ATF said it was approved 4/6 so it should be in the mail.

Only reason I can think the eforms are going so much faster than the paper ones is that it likely automates a lot of the process so there's very little that needs to be done when it hits a reviewer. They likely have staff dedicated to only doing efiles and staff only doing paper ones.

So help me understand this. Filing electronically now magically gets you a couple month wait time, right? Even when other people have been waiting 10-12 months it seems those new applications jump to the front of the line. I know for a fact the old method doesn't slow anything down because they cashed my check in 2 weeks. Nothing makes sense with this out of control ATF and they're not held accountable for anything. The gun you buy to mate with a can is a year old, the can is a year old. Nothing in this USA makes any sense any longer. Vent over.... Has anyone electronically filed and been approved quickly. Does that allow you to jump ahead of everyone else?

Thanks
Let me know if you want a price on a can. None of it makes sense. Hopefully the eforms stay running though.

In April 2020 I sent in a trust can and it was approved in 2 months 28 days. I think I caught a lull in paperwork due to the pandemic.
In May 2021 I sent in a trust can and its still pending. I expect it to take 14 months total given the sales/volume that was happening at my submission time. I'd be happy to see times come down but it's .gov paperwork stuff and that always takes time regardless.

my understanding is different people running different groups. The paper forms are still around a year (I have one from July) while the new eforms are running around 90 days.

probably time to put another one in and see which comes in first. :)

Thanks
Do you know who is Stacey Abrams is? Her sister her cousin her niece or nephew her mama her cousin her auntie they all work there do you need to know anything else

Back
Top Bottom