• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Athlon vs. vortex?

When Athlon first hit the market I didn't really give them too much attention because of the low price point. I figured a scope that offered the same features as a vortex for half the price must be cutting corners. But now that I'm reading more reviews they seem to be a pretty good buy. I'm looking at the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 ffp in moa. Anyone have personal experience with Athlon? How do they compare to the vortex pst? Are they reliable enough for pushing to 1000 yards? Are they durable enough for hunting use or is this strictly a range optic? Any input is greatly appreciated. I trust opinions from ODT members more than Amazon reviewers.

What rifle are you sticking it on?

What rifle are you sticking it on?
I'm looking at building a rifle here in a few months for long range precision and so far I like the howa hcr and the savage stealth in 6.5 creedmoor. I thought about building a 6.5 Grendel upper for my ar15 but it would be close to the same cost as just buying a new rifle all together so I probably won't go that route.

I have a brand new Ares btr made by Althon 5x27x50 , the one thing i noticed is the weight , the Althon is much heavier than than my Vortex HST or Vipers, the optics in the Althon are crisp and clear and it passed the box test 100%, Its is made in China which im not overly happy about but so far beside the weight its is a great scope , in the next couple weeks i will be shooting more with it, i have it on my 300 Rum so we can see how it holds up

I have a brand new Ares btr made by Althon 5x27x50 , the one thing i noticed is the weight , the Althon is much heavier than than my Vortex HST or Vipers, the optics in the Althon are crisp and clear and it passed the box test 100%, Its is made in China which im not overly happy about but so far beside the weight its is a great scope , in the next couple weeks i will be shooting more with it, i have it on my 300 Rum so we can see how it holds up

sub'ed for range report

I've read more than a few reviews saying that the Athlon line of scopes are heavier than what they are advertised at. But since I'm going for a precision rifle build the weight issue doesn't bother me as much. Check back in when you have rounds through it! Would love to hear a range report as well!

Back
Top Bottom