• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATI 1911 Military 45ACP

Pistola

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
35   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I picked this gun up wanting a 1911 platform I can carry and not be worried about it getting dinged or scratched up. The gun came in a simple cardboard box, it was wrapped in an oil soaked plastic. First thing I did is took the gun apart and cleaned all the excess lube and cosmoline that was on it. I even put some hogue rubber grips on it. The ATI came with one 8rd ACT mag. Oh by the way, ATI is the distributor not the manufacturer. These guns are made by Shooters Arms Manufacturing in the Philippines, I think it's one of Armscors rivals in the PI. Don't let that be a downside if you're planning to get one of these guns. The Filipinos made these 1911's according to the original specs of John Brownings design.

Now the first time I went to the range with it, I was going to expect some hiccups during the break in period. I was surprised that my first 100 rounds only had one FTF. I went in my bag grabbed an old beat up kimber mag, shot 100 more rounds. This time, it ran flawless. My last 50 rounds I had, I shot 25 with the ACT mag and 25 with the kimber mag. I had 4 FTF with the ACT MAgs and no problems with the kimber mags. So I think the supplied ACT mag was the culprit.

I've owned this gun now for almost 3 months and have put a total of 500 rounds through it. I put back the original wood grips it came with to the gun, I think it gives it a little more character. After I ditched my ACT mag and used Wilson Combat mags, old GI style mags, I've never had anymore problems with it.

In conclusion I think this 1911 is the best bang for the buck (under $500). If you are looking at a good 1911 to build a race gun on, or something that closely resembles that Old GI style WW2 pistol, I would look into these Filipino made guns.

Back
Top Bottom