• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATIBAL Sights any good? (ACOG Look-a-like)

If you're trying to cash in on the design of a high quality sight with an excellent reputation, you probably have neither. I wouldn't buy any clone or look alike just on the premise that there were unable or unwilling to design their own sight. If price is any indicator, which it almost certainly is, it's probably a pos.

Never heard of them. However, their "anti-glare" coating on the front lens is good enough that I see the guy that took the picture, his camera, and what appears to be his patio furniture in the reflection off the front of the optic. (see the picture on their website with the three optics side by side).

I don't think it's worth $150 when there are very good Primary Arms optics out there for cheaper.

Laufen, I understand what your saying, but a lot of dudes cant afford a Trijicon ACOG. Could this be a poor mans ACOG? Possibly...but im saving up my pennies for a trijicon.

Laufen, I understand what your saying, but a lot of dudes cant afford a Trijicon ACOG. Could this be a poor mans ACOG? Possibly...but im saving up my pennies for a trijicon.

I get that, but are you after function or form? If you are looking for something with utilitarian value, I'd look at Primary Arms, or for a bit more snag an Eotech or Aimpoint when PSA has them on sale again. Any product that blatantly copies design features is an automatic no go in my book. It just says a lot about the company imo. They are hoping to sell product based on the shape of their sight...that's pretty much it.

I get that, but are you after function or form? If you are looking for something with utilitarian value, I'd look at Primary Arms, or for a bit more snag an Eotech or Aimpoint when PSA has them on sale again. Any product that blatantly copies design features is an automatic no go in my book. It just says a lot about the company imo. They are hoping to sell product based on the shape of their sight...that's pretty much it.

The way China manufacture plants works is that it's cheaper to use housings that already exists. Sort of like a mold. Then you pick the quality of the lens, steel, molding, etc. However, this company doesn't even look like they enhanced this optic at all. Primary Arms for example, did similar when they started out but instead they made sure the internals and the housing was up to par with quality. I doubt this company did such of a thing. It's probably just a rebranded airsoft clone that has been priced to look expensive. Now, if I had people invest in 1000 well made compact scopes like these, I would easily make a better poor mans optics running around $250 a pop.

WORD.jpg

I actually just got rid of one. The A tacs camo one. Came on a rifle I bought used. Kinda seemed like an Airsoft sight to me though. I sold it on ebay for like 130.00. Had like 20 bids on it. Shocked the heck outta me. I Put the money toward a Burris Fastfire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom