• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Anarchy - Night of Rage

According to Fox News, seven rioters have been arrested, charged with terrorism. Like I said, not in Portland anymore. No more 'out on no-cash bail, ready to have dairy-free soy latte from Starbucks in an hour' after arrest.

Here's a more legible version:

What is privilege?...

Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you've never had a job.

Privilege is wearing $300 Beats headphones while living on public assistance.

Privilege is having a Smartphone with a Data plan which you receive no bill for.

Privilege is living in public subsidized housing where you don't have a water bill, where rising property taxes and rents and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on your table.

Privilege is the ability to go march against, protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such behavior

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school you don't pay for.

Just saw this on Fox News. Anybody know anything about this?

Turn them into dust! Why wait and let the force grow?

See, that's where I could have a problem.

Cops are public servants, and when they're on our dime, they're meant to be acting on behalf of the public. Protecting and Serving, and all that bull****. We as the public are frequently told to tolerate all kinds of infringements of our freedom via surveillance because "you have nothing to fear if you haven't done anything wrong".

It a shame that there's a significant percentage of the population who assume that the police are consistent or even habitually been doing wrong - and I think one way to help reverse that is for cops to be VERY diligent in keeping cameras running all the time they're on duty. Maybe there should be a policy to that effect.

Isn't it prudent to be able to prove to the public that an officer acted in an appropriate manner when he was serving them?

It would help to demonstrate to everyone that the claim being made by ANTIFA that their dindu was innocent is a lie.

See, that's where I could have a problem.

Cops are public servants, and when they're on our dime, they're meant to be acting on behalf of the public. Protecting and Serving, and all that bull****. We as the public are frequently told to tolerate all kinds of infringements of our freedom via surveillance because "you have nothing to fear if you haven't done anything wrong".

It a shame that there's a significant percentage of the population who assume that the police are consistent or even habitually been doing wrong - and I think one way to help reverse that is for cops to be VERY diligent in keeping cameras running all the time they're on duty. Maybe there should be a policy to that effect.

Isn't it prudent to be able to prove to the public that an officer acted in an appropriate manner when he was serving them?

It would help to demonstrate to everyone that the claim being made by ANTIFA that their dindu was innocent is a lie.
Ya know, that’s assuming that the site that gathers people to be offended and “protect” a dumping ground that has a few trees in it as a “forest” is telling you the truth. This is antifa, their whole goal is to disrupt and stir up people that are easily manipulated.

Ya know, that’s assuming that the site that gathers people to be offended and “protect” a dumping ground that has a few trees in it as a “forest” is telling you the truth. This antifa there whole goal is to disrupt and stir up people that are easily manipulated.

My concern is more of a general nature. Whenever the police interact with the public, there's a danger that ****'s going to go sideways. And when it does nowadays, there's always a further chance that someone's going to end up on a slab.

When that happens, questions need to be answered. And I don't think the public is well-served by the whole process turning into a circus where there's no real closure. People are becoming very cynical of government and state agencies saying "We investigated ourselves and we discovered that we're not at fault". No doubt, that's often true, but the less trusting would like to see some evidence that supports the findings of the investigation.

This lack of visible, unequivocal evidence to support the findings from an investigation erodes confidence in the police which in turn makes the job less safe for them, which in turn can result in more incidents.

In the particular case of this shooting, incidents seem to have been happening on that land for some time, so I don't understand why any of the police officers involved in the incident would be surprised that "**** went sideways". If ANTIFA are known for "disrupting and stirring up people" it would make sense - I'd have thought - to anticipate that possibilty and ensure they couldn't do it by the police capturing video footage of any interaction.

Back
Top Bottom