• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Anarchy - Night of Rage

You know what's so ironic is that every time there's a police involved shooting the left always cries for better police training. Now they want to build a police "Training" facility and that 's a huge problem for them now. The left runs on lies and propaganda, they have to keep their base up in arms and feeling victimized or they have nothing.

My concern is more of a general nature. Whenever the police interact with the public, there's a danger that ****'s going to go sideways. And when it does nowadays, there's always a further chance that someone's going to end up on a slab.

When that happens, questions need to be answered. And I don't think the public is well-served by the whole process turning into a circus where there's no real closure. People are becoming very cynical of government and state agencies saying "We investigated ourselves and we discovered that we're not at fault". No doubt, that's often true, but the less trusting would like to see some evidence that supports the findings of the investigation.

This lack of visible, unequivocal evidence to support the findings from an investigation erodes confidence in the police which in turn makes the job less safe for them, which in turn can result in more incidents.

In the particular case of this shooting, incidents seem to have been happening on that land for some time, so I don't understand why any of the police officers involved in the incident would be surprised that "**** went sideways". If ANTIFA are known for "disrupting and stirring up people" it would make sense - I'd have thought - to anticipate that possibilty and ensure they couldn't do it by the police capturing video footage of any interaction.
You’re still assuming that that website is telling you the full truth. LEO’s do not release body cam footage to the people that are stirring up the problem to start with. They wait and go through the court systems and other other reasons.
I have no doubt in my mind there was much body cam footage taken. It just hasn’t been released yet.

You’re still assuming that that website is telling you the full truth. LEO’s do not release body cam footage to the people that are stirring up the problem to start with. They wait and go through the court systems and other other reasons.
I have no doubt in my mind there was much body cam footage taken. It just hasn’t been released yet.

I assume that nothing ANTIFA tells us is correct. The problem is that the police - after the event - often tell us nothing, or have a press briefing that sometimes misleads more than it informs.

Law enforcement is tried in the court of public opinion, and under those circumstances, there's almost no difference between "we don't have bodycam footage to show you" and "we didn't want to show you bodycam footage". I know many people who will cut the cops a lot of slack on initial release of footage while an investigation is ongoing (as is the case at the moment) but when no footage is made available after the event, it makes at least some of those people wonder whether the absence of the footage might be for a reason. People being people will often assume the worst.

Ferguson burned because officer Darren Wilson had no camera footage of being stampeded by Michael Brown. While it would have been somewhat ghoulish to have circulated footage of the event, such footage would have exonerated Wilson in the eyes of many people who had any interest in avoiding what followed. Certainly, the public support of the ridiculous "Hands Up" movement would have been diluted, and would have eased some of the distrust of the police that we see today. Cut and paste this comment for many of the other incidents which have led to public disturbances since. That level of openness protects not just the reputation of officer, but his police department and the image of police in general.

There's a growing number of people who believe that the lack of bodycam footage when an incident occurs - especially when that police department routinely issues bodycams to its officers - is a "tell". It's getting increasingly hard to be supportive of the police in general when these kinds of incidents occur.

Countering ANTIFAs propaganda is easy. Release the footage, or commit to a date when that footage will be released. And on that date, release it. Unedited.

I assume that nothing ANTIFA tells us is correct. The problem is that the police - after the event - often tell us nothing, or have a press briefing that sometimes misleads more than it informs.

Law enforcement is tried in the court of public opinion, and under those circumstances, there's almost no difference between "we don't have bodycam footage to show you" and "we didn't want to show you bodycam footage". I know many people who will cut the cops a lot of slack on initial release of footage while an investigation is ongoing (as is the case at the moment) but when no footage is made available after the event, it makes at least some of those people wonder whether the absence of the footage might be for a reason. People being people will often assume the worst.

Ferguson burned because officer Darren Wilson had no camera footage of being stampeded by Michael Brown. While it would have been somewhat ghoulish to have circulated footage of the event, such footage would have exonerated Wilson in the eyes of many people who had any interest in avoiding what followed. Certainly, the public support of the ridiculous "Hands Up" movement would have been diluted, and would have eased some of the distrust of the police that we see today. Cut and paste this comment for many of the other incidents which have led to public disturbances since. That level of openness protects not just the reputation of officer, but his police department and the image of police in general.

There's a growing number of people who believe that the lack of bodycam footage when an incident occurs - especially when that police department routinely issues bodycams to its officers - is a "tell". It's getting increasingly hard to be supportive of the police in general when these kinds of incidents occur.

Countering ANTIFAs propaganda is easy. Release the footage, or commit to a date when that footage will be released. And on that date, release it. Unedited.
Even when there is body cam footage it doesn't matter.. remember the Wendy's shooting. Plenty of clear footsge.. no doubt he attacked the police who treated him very well.", stole a weapon and used it against them.. footage didnt matter as long as media repeated leftist lies. Two years later after leftist goals met.. police exonerated...

The thing about propaganda…
Indeed. These fools don’t understand what the word “Investigation” means.

You don't present footage to stop the riots. You present the footage to stop the propaganda that is used to justify the NEXT riot.

The other thing is that very public release of bodycam footage should become the norm and not the exception. ****, if a state like Georgia commissioned a website to distribute that footage for public consumption, they could finance it from the money they save on civil liability suits. Even if footage of the cop/perp interaction goes up WAY after the trial/interment, it stops ANTIFA and their ilk from exploiting the event later on.

It also establishes a pattern of openness and accountability that a growing number of people consider to be lacking at the moment.

never don't present footage to stop the riots. You present the footage to stop the propaganda that is used to justify the NEXT riot.

The other thing is that very public release of bodycam footage should become the norm and not the exception. ****, if a state like Georgia commissioned a website to distribute that footage for public consumption, they could finance it from the money they save on civil liability suits. Even if footage of the cop/perp interaction goes up WAY after the trial/interment, it stops ANTIFA and their ilk from exploiting the event later on.

It also establishes a pattern of openness and accountability that a growing number of people consider to be lacking at the moment.
They never stop exploiting events with propaganda... look how they still go after Trump for anything and everything.. true or false, look at all the lies about Jan 6th.. .. i had a short argument with a lefty about jan 6 and told him it was a setup ant tons of footage of open doors and police inviting them in.. he said it was all photoshop.. they lie because that's all they have to win with...they don't cate about honesty...or goodness only winning power at any cost..

Back
Top Bottom