• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

And? You know how much money the Superbowl is going to generate for the city of Atlanta when Arthur brings it to town next year? He's running a business not a charity. You honestly think the city of Atlanta would have otherwise spent those tax dollars on something productive? I'm sure Aurthur negotiates to spend as little of his money on taxes same as any other successful business.

The super bowl will generate maybe 100 million.... Maybe 5 percent of that will make it back to government in the form of taxes and fees. How much did the stadium cost? 1.2 billion?

I truly despise corporate welfare. Blank easily could have paid for that stadium, or could have floated loans. No sense in having the taxpayers foot that bill. It’s scummy to take money from those who have to make ends meet to subsidize his ego trip.

Corporate welfare is out of control. Those idiots in Wisconsin are paying over 1/2 million for each foxcon manufacturing job. No chance that will pay for itself either.

The super bowl will generate maybe 100 million.... Maybe 5 percent of that will make it back to government in the form of taxes and fees. How much did the stadium cost? 1.2 billion?

I truly despise corporate welfare. Blank easily could have paid for that stadium, or could have floated loans. No sense in having the taxpayers foot that bill. It’s scummy to take money from those who have to make ends meet to subsidize his ego trip.

Corporate welfare is out of control. Those idiots in Wisconsin are paying over 1/2 million for each foxcon manufacturing job. No chance that will pay for itself either.

Dramatic much? As far as I know it's only a fraction of the stadium being paid for by a hotel/motel tax. If you're struggling to makes ends meet or just don't want to help pay for the stadium don't stay at a hotel/motel in Atlanta.

Will the revenue generated by the stadium offset the hotel/motel tax? Who knows, but that's the deal the city of Atlanta made with Blank. If their voters don't like it they should elect a mayor that better reflects their wishes. Blanks ability to build 10 stadiums out of his own pocket in that ****hole city is irrelevant m

Dramatic much? As far as I know it's only a fraction of the stadium being paid for by a hotel/motel tax. If you're struggling to makes ends meet or just don't want to help pay for the stadium don't stay at a hotel/motel in Atlanta.

Will the revenue generated by the stadium offset the hotel/motel tax? Who knows, but that's the deal the city of Atlanta made with Blank. If their voters don't like it they should elect a mayor that better reflects their wishes. Blanks ability to build 10 stadiums out of his own pocket in that ****hole city is irrelevant m

"Socialize the costs, privatize the profits." Sums it up nicely.

No way will the taxpayers see a return anywhere near 700 million on that damned thing.

The Dome was in fine shape. Wasn't even close to the median age of most stadiums. This was all about that smarmy POS in the cheesy pin stripe suits showing how much he could extort out of the city and state.

Karma breaks another one off in Blank’s ass. I just love it!

"Socialize the costs, privatize the profits." Sums it up nicely.

No way will the taxpayers see a return anywhere near 700 million on that damned thing.

The Dome was in fine shape. Wasn't even close to the median age of most stadiums. This was all about that smarmy POS in the cheesy pin stripe suits showing how much he could extort out of the city and state.

Karma breaks another one off in Blank’s ass. I just love it!

:lol: yes the Falcons who have never won a Superbowl in their history were stopped short this year by the karma of a hotel motel tax.

Sorry to see them lose, but they had a pretty good season.

They need a top-of-the-line, road-grader guard in the next draft, and I hate to say it, another edge rusher. Vic Beasley all but disappeared this season. If they're going to win a super-bowl, it has to happen before Julio Jones is used up. His body won't hold up as long as Ryan's.

This season was weird to me. It didn't have near the excitement. They did much better than I thought they would. Their defense made great strides while the O definitely took a step back. Maybe Sark in his 2nd year will make great strides also. It drives me nuts how little Julio is utilized. I can't stand Brady but Julio would probably have 15 TDs a season in New England. Matt Ryan is easily the best QB Atlanta has ever had and he's reached milestones faster than any other QB in history. Those that suggest Ryan is the problem know absolutely nothing about football. Ryan will be here until he's 40 unless he somehow gets injured.

As much as I would have hated for them to be stuffed on the last play I think I would have preferred a running play. PI easily could have been called on Julio, but he never seems to get calls for whatever reason. I'm pretty bummed they lost last night, but I don't think there's any way they would have gotten a fair shake playing in New Orleans which is likely.

If the NFL is rigged (and I'm convinced it's at least partially) then the Falcons winning the Super Bowl in the Benz next year is a pretty compelling story-line, so at least there's that to look for. If it is about making storylines I'll never get how NE winning damn near every year is compelling. NE is a great team and how they do what they do with 5 foot tall WRs is a mystery. They get more calls their way than anyone, but they still blow people out often.

I will say that the AFC is as boring as grits. How anyone watches that crap I don't know. Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonsville? Really? Maybe Minnesota can beat the Saints. I'd like to see that. The Vikings winning would be the more compelling storyline to me. Are you listening NFL story-makers?

Back
Top Bottom