• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after allegedly shooting stranger found sleeping inside home

My best guess is the "intruder" wasn't armed, freaked out when awakened by a pissed off home owner and tried to escape. Pissed off home owner figures he has the right to waste the intruder. Stand your ground rules don't work that way...

Jess McMillan lives just a few doors down from where Saturday morning's shooting took place. She spoke to 11Alive photojournalist's on the scene and shared that she's been victim of a break-in herself, and gunshots can sometimes be heard, but she's never personally known of them turning deadly.
McMillian described the man who was detained as "one of her best neighbors," who was there to help her figure out how to be safe and install cameras after she experienced the break-in at her home.

^^^^these words were lifted verbatim from the story. ^^^^

What is the difference between a crackhead and a methhead?

They’ll both steal your wallet, but the methhead will help you look for it.

This guy was a f*cking criminal and got caught in the act. No other way to describe his presence inside the home.

My best guess is the "intruder" wasn't armed, freaked out when awakened by a pissed off home owner and tried to escape. Pissed off home owner figures he has the right to waste the intruder. Stand your ground rules don't work that way...
This has nothing to do with Stand Your Ground. This is a Castle Doctrine issue.

I’d wager that the LE found a bit of a connection between the home owner and the deceased.
Wouldn’t be the first time some body has a beef, invites them over at a later date, waits for him to relax and the owner shoots over something. Claims the guy was in his house illegally and expects to walk. Im over here waiting on the rest of the facts to come to light.

This has nothing to do with Stand Your Ground. This is a Castle Doctrine issue.
Same principle, either way you can’t shoot them unless they present a threat, or enter in a great and tumultuous manner that would cause a normal person to fear their lives were in danger.

I’d wager that the LE found a bit of a connection between the home owner and the deceased.
Wouldn’t be the first time some body has a beef, invites them over at a later date, waits for him to relax and the owner shoots over something. Claims the guy was in his house illegally and expects to walk. Im over here waiting on the rest of the facts to come to light.
To that effect, I can tell you this same home owner was pistol-whipped and robbed in his front yard about five years ago. I have no idea if it was by the deceased.

he invited him over, let him pass out then shot him? you got a link clown?

Back
Top Bottom