• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after allegedly shooting stranger found sleeping inside home

I know someone who shot someone 9 times when he came home in middle of day. Opened the door and a guy was in the back of the house, downtown Macon. He unloaded a mag in him, guy jumped through back window trying to get away. No charges, he told me guy lived and is in a wheelchair now with a crap bag.

As far as comment above, how would you not be the aggressor if you came home to a stranger in your home, supposed to make them milk and cookies first and discuss why they are there? The confrontation was started by a person breaking into his home that wasnt his, not the home owner coming home.

Georgia’s Castle Doctrine seems pretty weak in general.
Castle doctrine just means you don’t have to retreat if you are threatened with death or great bodily harm. It doesn’t mean you can just blam blam someone in your house.
Its actually stronger defense than most states, but it is also mistook for something it’s not.

I know someone who shot someone 9 times when he came home in middle of day. Opened the door and a guy was in the back of the house, downtown Macon. He unloaded a mag in him, guy jumped through back window trying to get away. No charges, he told me guy lived and is in a wheelchair now with a crap bag.

As far as comment above, how would you not be the aggressor if you came home to a stranger in your home, supposed to make them milk and cookies first and discuss why they are there? The confrontation was started by a person breaking into his home that wasnt his, not the home owner coming home.
What was the guy doing?

Castle doctrine just means you don’t have to retreat if you are threatened with death or great bodily harm. It doesn’t mean you can just blam blam someone in your house.
Its actually stronger defense than most states, but it is also mistook for something it’s not.
Isn't the Castle Doctrine basically the same thing as SYG just specific to your home or vehicle? And yes, SYG is seriously misunderstood by the majority of people regardless of what side of the issue they are on. All SYG does is remove the requirement to retreat if you can do it without increasing your risk. It doesn't otherwise change the legal requirements for Justifiable Homicide at all.

Or do I have that wrong?

1669819348974.png

What was the guy doing?
To hear the guy tell the story it was a suspected burglar, not armed though, said he started blasting as soon as he walked in the door and saw him at end of hallway. You always hear shoot them til they are dead so they cant tell their side of the story, he tried, put 9 rounds in him.

To hear the guy tell the story it was a suspected burglar, not armed though, said he started blasting as soon as he walked in the door and saw him at end of hallway. You always hear shoot them til they are dead so they cant tell their side of the story, he tried, put 9 rounds in him.
Sounds like he had some friends in high places.

BTW, the idea is to keep shooting until they are down and no longer a possible threat. That's legit. The idea of eliminating them as a witness is a really bad motivation and could have serious ramifications for the shooter if it's expressed by them before or after the incident.

Sounds like he had some friends in high places.

BTW, the idea is to keep shooting until they are down and no longer a possible threat. That's legit. The idea of eliminating them as a witness is a really bad motivation and could have serious ramifications for the shooter if it's expressed by them before or after the incident.
It's best to keep incriminating opinions off of the internet if you don't have a semblance of anonymity. OPSEC is important in this political climate.

That said, **** the ATF. That's right fed bois, I said it.

I read this in the article and this might be why the homeowner was arrested :

"When police got there, they found a man between 25-30 years old dead in the front yard. Police said he was dead of an apparent gunshot wound."

If the criminal is unarmed running away / trying to flee there is no reason to shoot him down in the front yard. He should have shot him while he was inside of the house.

Back
Top Bottom