• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after allegedly shooting stranger found sleeping inside home

Bro wtf is this. Holy ****. Thats despicable.

Comparing this obvious sociopathic murder to the context of shooting an unknown intruder in your house whose intentions you do not know is a long reach though.

Its one thing if you shoot out of pure survival and you immediately call the police. If the perp is still alive but badly wounded and presents no further threat then it should be obvious that there wouldn't be any reason to continue shooting them. At that point its absolutely murder.
I wasn't comparing the two cases, just replying to the post about ODT members thinking they can shoot someone for trespass, as posted in a deleted thread.
And yeah, that guy I referred to recorded the incident on video and audio and really thought he was going to get away with it. Obviously not the right way to do that if you want to get away with it.

I would probably ask a mod to scrub it and highly recommend your sister contact an attorney with the information she has so they can guide her to the right authority to alert if their is enough evidence to prove this could have motives beyond seeking Justice while also protecting herself from being named in a civil rights lawsuit.
He only said that they were excited to prosecute, not that they were fabricating a case.

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after shooting stranger found sleeping inside​

Charge1. Felony murder
Charge2. Aggravated assault
Charge3. Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony

Attachments

• A3B0A093-1940-460C-9008-4A11E61C0AA1.jpeg
    A3B0A093-1940-460C-9008-4A11E61C0AA1.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
  • EFACFEF0-2764-4562-915B-AFBF372026D3.jpeg
    EFACFEF0-2764-4562-915B-AFBF372026D3.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
He only said that they were excited to prosecute, not that they were fabricating a case.

He said examples would be made and they were drooling to prosecute. A decent lawyer could turn that into a wrongful prosecution with a little more evidence but I am not a lawyer thankfully :lol: so I could be completely wrong. Lack of all the details makes it hard to do much more than speculate

He said examples would be made and they were drooling to prosecute. A decent lawyer could turn that into a wrongful prosecution with a little more evidence but I am not a lawyer thankfully :lol: so I could be completely wrong. Lack of all the details makes it hard to do much more than speculate

Because a court of law will take random usernames on ODT speculating as admissible evidence. :amen::amen::amen::amen:

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after shooting stranger found sleeping inside​

Charge1. Felony murder
Charge2. Aggravated assault
Charge3. Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony

This guy looks like his charges. I still wonder how anyone determined that the intruder was sleeping outside of him stupidly volunteering that info. Or how the perp was in the yard and he chose to engage..

My best guess is the "intruder" wasn't armed, freaked out when awakened by a pissed off home owner and tried to escape. Pissed off home owner figures he has the right to waste the intruder. Stand your ground rules don't work that way...
Good thing your "guess" is worthless in the situation huh? People dont usually shoot people who are running away, Well unless they're cops, Then they know they'll never see any accountability so they do, But homeowners dont shoot people that say "Sorry man, it was cold and I was just looking for somewhere to sleep" they do shoot people that they find in their homes who wake up and threaten them. Just bc the guy ran after being shot/shot at doesn't make him some innocent victim. If you're homeless or need somewhere to get out of the cold you don't break into someone's house! Best thing to do, Wait until some facts are found before judging over your "guess". None of us know anything bc we weren't standing there, So pretty reasonable to not pass judgement on the ordeal. Hate that someone lost their life, Hope the homeowner doesn't lose his to prison over someone breaking into his home. Police can shoot a kid in a garage over a stolen cell phone, Bc he broke into a home during his attempt to escape, So how is this not the same amount of danger(More honestly)? Something to think on there.....

This guy looks like his charges. ..
so you think it was his haircut that got him charged?..you could be right.

if I were him I would grow my haircut out before the trial, or the jury may think he’s some kinda white supremest skin head.
.(depending on what color the victim is, who knows? :noidea:..They have still not released the victims name…

Attachments

• 83B9AC2A-94F4-4084-A9A8-52F73E02E6C3.jpeg
    83B9AC2A-94F4-4084-A9A8-52F73E02E6C3.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 13
This has all the earmarks of the home owner being under the common misconceptions that if someone enters your home you can justifiably kill them and that claiming you were in fear for your life is a viable defense. There are several folks right here on ODT that have expressed those exact beliefs.
Actually, "Reasonable fear" is a key element of self defense there champ. No, you cant just shoot someone, But the fact you THINK this has "earmarks" of your bias doesn't mean anything. Speculation doesn't make facts change, Its just unfortunate situation all the way around. The fact that so many(you included) are quick to try and blame the guy whose home was broken into is just mind boggling! Especially when we're seeing a MASSIVE push by the woke to prosecute ANY/ALL self defense situation, Just makes it that much worse. It's as if theirs tons of people who live under rocks, And aren't at all aware of these DA's doing this despite the national coverage of the Rittenhouse trial! Just blown away by some people's mental gymnastics in these comments honestly.

This guy looks like his charges. I still wonder how anyone determined that the intruder was sleeping outside of him stupidly volunteering that info. Or how the perp was in the yard and he chose to engage..
He probably wasn't in the yard when he got shot.

Back
Top Bottom