• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta NOT chosen by Amazon

Average wage of 150k!!!!!!

Does that mean like 5 people at 10million $ and the rest at 50k? 150k for 25000 workers, aint nothing going to be cheap on amazon any more.

$150k in NY and DC area not hard to do for corporate jobs. Nashville not so sure.

The story goes it absolutely was, to an extent. Amazon was not impressed - to say the least - with Cagle's stunt with Delta Airlines. Amazon doesn't care about the NRA one way or the other, but what they saw in that instance was that things like corporate tax arrangements could become subject to the whim of politics in fights they weren't even interested in.

Even before the nra thing I didn’t think delta should get a $30 million a year tax break from. Paying sales tax on fuel

Do any of the Georgia based trucking companies get that tax break on the fuel they buy in Georgia ????

Even before the nra thing I didn’t think delta should get a $30 million a year tax break from. Paying sales tax on fuel

Do any of the Georgia based trucking companies get that tax break on the fuel they buy in Georgia ????

Fair enough, but then do it straight up and without political prejudice. Say you're ending fuel tax breaks because it's corporate welfare and anti-capitalist and not fair to the little guy. But that's not what happened.

Cagle's tweet at the time was "Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back". Well that's tricky, since it's hard to agree on what a conservative is, what an attack is, and what fighting back is. Basically he said "be advised that in Georgia, all bets are off if we says so". So two cheers for Cagle, he got his base fired up over a discount that nobody was using, but the price was potentially tens of billions of dollars circulating in the local community.

(No, I'm not saying that's the only reason Amazon didn't come to ATL. But when the whole bloody country is laying out the red carpet for you, this sure made it easy to strike an option off the list)

$150k in NY and DC area not hard to do for corporate jobs. Nashville not so sure.
Believe it or not Nashville actually is growing like crazy. There are cranes everywhere in that city with new types of jobs. Nashville is the healthcare capital of the United States and that money has bred other industry growth.

Back
Top Bottom